|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
(b) An Anderson illuder.
(c) Lanik's double.
(d) Mwabao Mawa.
2. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
(a) To shame Dinte regarding their father's death.
(b) To haul Dinte to the dungeon.
(c) To name Dinte as a traitor and kill him.
(d) To beg forgiveness and rule with Dinte.
3. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
(a) The impostor's face still displayed innocence.
(b) The impostor's face is beautiful.
(c) The impostor's face is no longer white.
(d) The impostor's face has a scar over the left eye.
4. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
(a) Lanik is beaten.
(b) Lanik is threatened.
(c) Lanik is killed.
(d) Lanik is captured.
5. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
(a) A knife.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A sword.
(d) A gun.
6. What is the name of the innkeeper in Jones?
(a) Bill Undergill.
(b) Bill Underjones.
(c) Bill Underkukei.
(d) Bill Underallison.
7. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That Lanik is in control.
(b) That no death is deserved.
(c) That Lanik has a soul.
(d) That justice always prevails.
8. Before being distracted by the sight of what is coming down the street in Jones, what is Lanik contemplating doing before leaving Jones?
(a) Stealing horses.
(b) Picking pockets.
(c) Locking doors.
(d) Playing pranks.
9. Who does Lanik argue at length with while in Schwartz?
10. When the Schwartzes all lie down together before sending Lanik off, what shape do the Schwartzes form?
(a) A square.
(b) A star.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A circle.
11. Upon seeing who was actually sitting on the throne in Mueller impersonating Dinte, what is Lanik's first thought?
12. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
(a) To fortify his healing powers.
(b) To get help.
(c) To apologize to the Earth.
(d) To learn additional tricks.
13. What are the Ambassadors?
(a) Snack foods.
(b) The mother world's elite guard units.
(c) People sent to other worlds for diplomatic purposes.
(d) Machines that send materials to and from the mother world.
14. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
(a) Saranna becomes an expert teacher.
(b) Saranna becomes a time traveler.
(c) Saranna becomes enslaved by the Ku Kuei.
(d) Saranna becomes a virtual statue.
15. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A supernatural being.
(c) An evil spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
2. Who approaches Lanik on the beach when he lands near Anderson?
3. In the throne room in Gill, who initially tries to kill Lanik?
4. Where must Lanik travel before he can return to the simple peace in Britton for good?
5. According to the Schwartzes, what is a great moral sacrifice?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)