|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lord in Britton who wants to meet Lanik?
2. Where does Lanik instruct the impostor to meet him in order to discuss the truth in a private setting?
(a) In the room where Lanik kept his snails.
(b) In the room where Lanik had first kissed Saranna.
(c) In the room where Lanik and Dinte had played cards.
(d) In the room where Lanik had been disowned.
3. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
4. In the throne room in Gill, who initially tries to kill Lanik?
5. What is the one way to stop a Mueller from regenerating?
(a) By burning.
(b) By chopping.
(c) By flogging.
(d) By maiming.
6. After wandering through Wood and Hank, where does Lanik finally arrive?
7. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
(a) That Lanik has put himself in great danger.
(b) That the people of Gill are not evil after all.
(c) That the people of Gill have kidnapped Dinte.
(d) That Lanik has come to the wrong Family.
8. Why does the character who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson use illusions?
(a) To impress Lanik.
(b) To spook Lanik.
(c) To teach Lanik.
(d) To frighten Lanik.
9. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
(a) The impostor's face has a scar over the left eye.
(b) The impostor's face is no longer white.
(c) The impostor's face still displayed innocence.
(d) The impostor's face is beautiful.
10. When Lanik goes to the throne room in Gill using quicktime, he sees an old woman on the throne. Who is the old woman, really?
(a) An old man that looks like Mwabao.
(b) An old woman that looks like Mother.
(c) A young woman that looks like Saranna.
(d) A young man that looks like Barton.
11. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
12. As Lanik prepares to leave Ku Kuei, how is he treated by the inhabitants of the land?
(a) The people of Ku Kuei provide extra provisions for Lanik.
(b) The people of Ku Kuei worship Lanik.
(c) The people of Ku Kuei beat Lanik.
(d) The people of Ku Kuei tease Lanik.
13. Lanik realizes he must leave Ku Kuei. Why?
(a) To help right the wrongs in the world.
(b) To save himself from the temptation of time travel.
(c) To restore his father's kingdom.
(d) To save Saranna.
14. As the innkeeper in Jones and Lanik talk, the innkeeper learns from Lanik's speech pattern that Lanik is educated. What does the innkeeper realize that Lanik's education means?
(a) Lanik has also fallen from a high station.
(b) Lanik has been run out by the king.
(c) Lanik has been educated in Nkumai.
(d) Lanik has been working for the king.
15. When several illuders enter the throne room in Gill and try to harm Lanik, what does Lanik do?
(a) Lanik goes into quicktime and disarms them.
(b) Lanik goes into quicktime and escapes.
(c) Lanik flees from the throne room.
(d) Lanik kills the illuders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cover story does Lanik give to the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
2. In Gill, what does Lanik save the new prisoner from?
3. What are the Schwartzes known as?
4. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik expect to see?
5. As Lanik comes ashore near Anderson, what happens to him during his landing?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)