|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
2. Where does Lanik instruct the impostor to meet him in order to discuss the truth in a private setting?
(a) In the room where Lanik kept his snails.
(b) In the room where Lanik had first kissed Saranna.
(c) In the room where Lanik and Dinte had played cards.
(d) In the room where Lanik had been disowned.
3. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
(a) Trick others.
(b) Hide amongst the trees.
(c) Ambush travelers.
(d) Help arm soldiers.
4. While growing up, who teaches Dinte's impostor to hate the Muellers?
(a) The Andersons.
(b) Mwabao Mawa.
(d) The Schwartzes.
5. What is the name of the innkeeper in Jones?
(a) Bill Underkukei.
(b) Bill Underjones.
(c) Bill Underallison.
(d) Bill Undergill.
6. After leaving Jones in a hurry for fear of being caught by Mwabao, where does Lanik head?
(a) Ku Kuei.
7. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
8. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
(a) To get help.
(b) To fortify his healing powers.
(c) To apologize to the Earth.
(d) To learn additional tricks.
9. What is the result from the last time that Lanik and Dinte's impostor had a meeting?
(a) The imposter tried to kill Lanik.
(b) The imposter had Lanik imprisoned.
(c) Lanik had the imposter imprisoned.
(d) Lanik tried to kill the imposter.
10. When Lanik is attacked after being awakened in the night, what does Lanik do to his attacker?
(a) Breaks all of the attacker's fingers.
(b) Throws a chair through the window to escape.
(c) Escapes in quicktime.
(d) Slits the attacker's throat.
11. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
12. When did the lord in Britton first meet Lanik?
(a) When Lanik was just a boy.
(b) When Lanik arrived in Britton.
(c) When Lanik was in Ku Kuei.
(d) When Lanik was traveling through Allison.
13. What does Lanik do in the forest to bring the inhabitants out of hiding?
(a) Lanik sinks their lake.
(b) Lanik yells for them to show themselves.
(c) Lanik threatens to kill Ensel.
(d) Lanik starts cutting down their trees.
14. Why does the character who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson use illusions?
(a) To teach Lanik.
(b) To frighten Lanik.
(c) To impress Lanik.
(d) To spook Lanik.
15. Lanik realizes he must leave Ku Kuei. Why?
(a) To restore his father's kingdom.
(b) To help right the wrongs in the world.
(c) To save Saranna.
(d) To save himself from the temptation of time travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lanik is away, who is killed in Gill?
2. Who approaches Lanik on the beach when he lands near Anderson?
3. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
4. Upon seeing who was actually sitting on the throne in Mueller impersonating Dinte, what is Lanik's first thought?
5. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)