|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Jones in a hurry for fear of being caught by Mwabao, where does Lanik head?
(b) Ku Kuei.
2. What does Lanik hope to eliminate by ending the domination of Anderson?
(a) Unfair trade practices.
(b) Dependence on iron.
3. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
(a) An evil spirit.
(b) A supernatural being.
(c) A ghost.
4. What is the one way to stop a Mueller from regenerating?
(a) By flogging.
(b) By chopping.
(c) By burning.
(d) By maiming.
5. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
(a) To fortify his healing powers.
(b) To learn additional tricks.
(c) To apologize to the Earth.
(d) To get help.
6. What are the Schwartzes known as?
(a) The ultimate tricksters.
(b) The ultimate fighters.
(c) The ultimate negotiators.
(d) The ultimate peacemakers.
7. How does Lanik plan to travel to his next destination?
(a) Lanik plans to hire a carriage.
(b) Lanik plans to walk across the ocean.
(c) Lanik plans to hire a guide.
(d) Lanik plans to steal a horse.
8. What is the name of the innkeeper in Jones?
(a) Bill Underallison.
(b) Bill Underjones.
(c) Bill Underkukei.
(d) Bill Undergill.
9. Name one of the illusions the character on the beach near Anderson uses on Lanik.
(a) A volcano.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) An earthquake.
10. What do the Ku Kuei look like?
(a) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, short, and thin.
(b) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, tall, and fat.
(c) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, short, and fat.
(d) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, tall, and thin.
11. When did the lord in Britton first meet Lanik?
(a) When Lanik was in Ku Kuei.
(b) When Lanik was traveling through Allison.
(c) When Lanik was just a boy.
(d) When Lanik arrived in Britton.
12. Where must Lanik travel before he can return to the simple peace in Britton for good?
(c) Ku Kuei.
13. According to the Schwartzes, what is a great moral sacrifice?
(a) To sacrifice your life for another.
(b) To deny love for another.
(c) To use magical powers to take a life.
(d) To leave a friend behind.
14. What are the Ambassadors?
(a) People sent to other worlds for diplomatic purposes.
(b) Machines that send materials to and from the mother world.
(c) The mother world's elite guard units.
(d) Snack foods.
15. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
(a) Being disowned by the Schwartzes.
(b) The sight of Barton being beheaded.
(c) The terrible scream of the Earth.
(d) The sight of the Schwartzes coming together.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
2. After wandering through Wood and Hank, where does Lanik finally arrive?
3. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
4. As Lanik comes ashore near Anderson, what happens to him during his landing?
5. How does Lanik travel from land to land killing the illuders?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)