|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the conversation between the Jones innkeeper and Lanik, who is the power behind the king?
(b) The Schwartzes.
(d) The Andersons.
2. What is the name of the innkeeper in Jones?
(a) Bill Underkukei.
(b) Bill Underallison.
(c) Bill Underjones.
(d) Bill Undergill.
3. While growing up, who teaches Dinte's impostor to hate the Muellers?
(a) The Andersons.
(b) Mwabao Mawa.
(d) The Schwartzes.
4. When Mwabao recognizes Lanik, what does Lanik see in her eyes?
5. What does Lanik realize about himself as he prepares to leave Ku Kuei?
(a) That he is timid.
(b) That he is courageous.
(c) That he is a hypocrite.
(d) That he is faithful.
6. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
(a) To get help.
(b) To apologize to the Earth.
(c) To learn additional tricks.
(d) To fortify his healing powers.
7. Who does Lanik argue at length with while in Schwartz?
8. When Lanik goes to the throne room in Gill using quicktime, he sees an old woman on the throne. Who is the old woman, really?
(a) A young woman that looks like Saranna.
(b) A young man that looks like Barton.
(c) An old man that looks like Mwabao.
(d) An old woman that looks like Mother.
9. What is the result from the last time that Lanik and Dinte's impostor had a meeting?
(a) The imposter had Lanik imprisoned.
(b) Lanik tried to kill the imposter.
(c) Lanik had the imposter imprisoned.
(d) The imposter tried to kill Lanik.
10. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
11. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
(a) Alter time.
(b) Live in the trees.
(c) Read minds.
(d) Forage for food.
12. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
13. When Lanik is attacked after being awakened in the night, what does Lanik do to his attacker?
(a) Breaks all of the attacker's fingers.
(b) Throws a chair through the window to escape.
(c) Slits the attacker's throat.
(d) Escapes in quicktime.
14. What cover story does Lanik give to the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
(a) Lanik was a captain and wrecked his ship on the shoals.
(b) Lanik and his father capsized and his father drowned.
(c) Lanik was forced to walk the plank from a slave ship.
(d) Lanik was a soldier with the rebel fighters.
15. According to the Schwartzes, what is a great moral sacrifice?
(a) To leave a friend behind.
(b) To sacrifice your life for another.
(c) To use magical powers to take a life.
(d) To deny love for another.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lanik is being held captive in Gill, a new prisoner arrives. Who is the new prisoner?
2. Before becoming the innkeeper in Jones, this character is who?
3. What is the name of the lord's servant?
4. How does Lanik travel from land to land killing the illuders?
5. What illusion is destroyed when Lanik destroys the Ambassadors?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)