|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Ambassadors?
(a) Machines that send materials to and from the mother world.
(b) The mother world's elite guard units.
(c) Snack foods.
(d) People sent to other worlds for diplomatic purposes.
2. As Lanik comes ashore near Anderson, what happens to him during his landing?
(a) Lanik shatters his leg.
(b) Lanik is chased by sharks.
(c) Lanik is trapped in quicktime.
(d) Lanik is trapped in slowtime.
3. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
4. How long does it take the impostor to make his way into the agreed-upon meeting room?
(a) One hour.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
5. Who teaches Dinte's impostor the secrets of illusion?
(b) Mwabao Mawa.
(c) The Andersons.
(d) The Schwartzes.
6. Who does Lanik heal after an assassination attempt on the lord and Lanik?
7. What room do the impostor and Lanik end up meeting in?
(a) The throne room's antechamber.
(b) A long-unused attic.
(c) The garden house.
(d) The playroom.
8. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
(a) Help arm soldiers.
(b) Hide amongst the trees.
(c) Ambush travelers.
(d) Trick others.
9. What is the name of the lord in Britton who wants to meet Lanik?
10. What does Lanik realize about himself as he prepares to leave Ku Kuei?
(a) That he is faithful.
(b) That he is timid.
(c) That he is courageous.
(d) That he is a hypocrite.
11. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
12. Before being distracted by the sight of what is coming down the street in Jones, what is Lanik contemplating doing before leaving Jones?
(a) Stealing horses.
(b) Playing pranks.
(c) Picking pockets.
(d) Locking doors.
13. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
(a) Saranna becomes a time traveler.
(b) Saranna becomes an expert teacher.
(c) Saranna becomes a virtual statue.
(d) Saranna becomes enslaved by the Ku Kuei.
14. When Lanik reaches Jones, how long has it been since Lanik and his father disappeared into the Ku Kuei forest?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
15. According to the Schwartzes, what is a great moral sacrifice?
(a) To sacrifice your life for another.
(b) To deny love for another.
(c) To leave a friend behind.
(d) To use magical powers to take a life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lord in Britton reveal about Lanik's brother?
2. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
3. In Britton, what is a person who tends sheep called?
4. What does the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson try to do?
5. As Lanik prepares to leave Ku Kuei, how is he treated by the inhabitants of the land?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)