|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Lanik is away, who is killed in Gill?
2. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
(a) Saranna becomes a virtual statue.
(b) Saranna becomes enslaved by the Ku Kuei.
(c) Saranna becomes an expert teacher.
(d) Saranna becomes a time traveler.
3. Why are the people in Ku Kuei bored?
(a) They are not bored.
(b) They have all the time in the world.
(c) They lack social skills and drive others away.
(d) They rarely have visitors.
4. In Gill, what does Lanik save the new prisoner from?
(c) Community service.
(d) Lifelong imprisonment.
5. Where must Lanik travel before he can return to the simple peace in Britton for good?
(a) Ku Kuei.
6. Before being distracted by the sight of what is coming down the street in Jones, what is Lanik contemplating doing before leaving Jones?
(a) Locking doors.
(b) Playing pranks.
(c) Stealing horses.
(d) Picking pockets.
7. What is the one way to stop a Mueller from regenerating?
(a) By flogging.
(b) By maiming.
(c) By chopping.
(d) By burning.
8. Name one of the illusions the character on the beach near Anderson uses on Lanik.
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A tornado.
(d) An earthquake.
9. When Lanik reaches Jones, how long has it been since Lanik and his father disappeared into the Ku Kuei forest?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
10. What is the result from the last time that Lanik and Dinte's impostor had a meeting?
(a) Lanik tried to kill the imposter.
(b) The imposter tried to kill Lanik.
(c) Lanik had the imposter imprisoned.
(d) The imposter had Lanik imprisoned.
11. Why does the character who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson use illusions?
(a) To impress Lanik.
(b) To frighten Lanik.
(c) To teach Lanik.
(d) To spook Lanik.
12. As Lanik prepares to leave Ku Kuei, how is he treated by the inhabitants of the land?
(a) The people of Ku Kuei provide extra provisions for Lanik.
(b) The people of Ku Kuei tease Lanik.
(c) The people of Ku Kuei worship Lanik.
(d) The people of Ku Kuei beat Lanik.
13. What word best describes Gill?
14. How long does it take the impostor to make his way into the agreed-upon meeting room?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
15. As Lanik comes ashore near Anderson, what happens to him during his landing?
(a) Lanik is trapped in slowtime.
(b) Lanik shatters his leg.
(c) Lanik is trapped in quicktime.
(d) Lanik is chased by sharks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so strange about Ku Kuei?
2. When the Schwartzes all lie down together before sending Lanik off, what shape do the Schwartzes form?
3. What room do the impostor and Lanik end up meeting in?
4. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
5. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)