|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lanik is attacked after being awakened in the night, what does Lanik do to his attacker?
(a) Escapes in quicktime.
(b) Slits the attacker's throat.
(c) Throws a chair through the window to escape.
(d) Breaks all of the attacker's fingers.
2. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That no death is deserved.
(b) That Lanik has a soul.
(c) That Lanik is in control.
(d) That justice always prevails.
3. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
(a) That the people of Gill have kidnapped Dinte.
(b) That Lanik has come to the wrong Family.
(c) That Lanik has put himself in great danger.
(d) That the people of Gill are not evil after all.
4. While growing up, who teaches Dinte's impostor to hate the Muellers?
(a) The Schwartzes.
(b) Mwabao Mawa.
(d) The Andersons.
5. What is the one way to stop a Mueller from regenerating?
(a) By chopping.
(b) By burning.
(c) By flogging.
(d) By maiming.
6. What are the Ambassadors?
(a) Snack foods.
(b) Machines that send materials to and from the mother world.
(c) The mother world's elite guard units.
(d) People sent to other worlds for diplomatic purposes.
7. Who does Lanik argue at length with while in Schwartz?
8. After the illusion takes place, what does the stranger on the beach offer to do for Lanik?
(a) Guide his travels.
(b) Answer his questions.
(c) Splint his leg.
(d) Wash his clothes.
9. According to Lanik, what is the worst thing about quicktime?
(c) Lost experiences.
10. While Lanik is away, who is killed in Gill?
11. What room do the impostor and Lanik end up meeting in?
(a) A long-unused attic.
(b) The playroom.
(c) The throne room's antechamber.
(d) The garden house.
12. What does the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson try to do?
(a) Hurt Lanik.
(b) Love Lanik.
(c) Capture Lanik.
(d) Kill Lanik.
13. When Lanik reaches Jones, how long has it been since Lanik and his father disappeared into the Ku Kuei forest?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
14. What is the name of the lord in Britton who wants to meet Lanik?
15. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Gill?
2. What illusion is destroyed when Lanik destroys the Ambassadors?
3. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
4. Who teaches Dinte's impostor the secrets of illusion?
5. What are the Schwartzes known as?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)