|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lord in Britton who wants to meet Lanik?
2. How long does it take the impostor to make his way into the agreed-upon meeting room?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
3. When several illuders enter the throne room in Gill and try to harm Lanik, what does Lanik do?
(a) Lanik goes into quicktime and escapes.
(b) Lanik kills the illuders.
(c) Lanik goes into quicktime and disarms them.
(d) Lanik flees from the throne room.
4. In the throne room in Gill, who initially tries to kill Lanik?
5. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
(b) A supernatural being.
(c) A ghost.
(d) An evil spirit.
6. Where does Lanik decide he must travel next in order to stop the illuders?
(a) To Anderson.
(b) To Ku Kuei.
(c) To Mueller.
(d) To Schwartz.
7. What does Lanik see coming down the street while he is in quicktime in Jones?
(b) A Nkumai coach.
(d) A legion of soldiers.
8. What is so strange about Ku Kuei?
(a) The sunlight does not filter through the leaves.
(b) The birds do not sing.
(c) The ground does not dry.
(d) The sun does not go down.
9. In Gill, what does Lanik save the new prisoner from?
(a) Lifelong imprisonment.
(c) Community service.
10. What room do the impostor and Lanik end up meeting in?
(a) The throne room's antechamber.
(b) The garden house.
(c) The playroom.
(d) A long-unused attic.
11. What are the Schwartzes known as?
(a) The ultimate fighters.
(b) The ultimate tricksters.
(c) The ultimate peacemakers.
(d) The ultimate negotiators.
12. Who is the lord's servant, really?
(a) An exuberant child.
(b) A humble man.
(c) A rebel leader.
(d) A great illusionist.
13. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
14. Upon seeing who was actually sitting on the throne in Mueller impersonating Dinte, what is Lanik's first thought?
15. Where are the great illusionists and deceivers from?
(a) Ku Kuei.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik actually see?
2. After walking for some time through the forest, Lanik eventually gets tired and lies down. What does Ensel want to do?
3. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
4. What do the Schwartzes send along with Lanik as he departs their midst?
5. Name one of the illusions the character on the beach near Anderson uses on Lanik.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)