|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lanik realize about himself as he prepares to leave Ku Kuei?
(a) That he is timid.
(b) That he is faithful.
(c) That he is a hypocrite.
(d) That he is courageous.
2. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
(a) A ghost.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A supernatural being.
3. What do the Schwartzes send along with Lanik as he departs their midst?
(a) A fast horse.
(c) Their energy.
4. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
5. Why does Lanik finally decide to go to Mueller after killing the illuders?
(a) Lanik must confront his mother.
(b) Lanik must restore his father's name.
(c) Lanik must clear his name.
(d) Lanik must dethrone Dinte.
6. What is the name of the lord in Britton who wants to meet Lanik?
7. After leaving Jones in a hurry for fear of being caught by Mwabao, where does Lanik head?
(a) Ku Kuei.
8. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A sword.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
9. What does the lord in Britton reveal about Lanik's brother?
(a) Lanik's brother has killed Saranna.
(b) Lanik's brother is about to be killed.
(c) Lanik's brother is a terribly incompetent ruler.
(d) Lanik's brother does not appear in any history books.
10. After walking for some time through the forest, Lanik eventually gets tired and lies down. What does Ensel want to do?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Keep walking.
(c) Find food.
(d) Find shelter.
11. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That no death is deserved.
(b) That Lanik has a soul.
(c) That justice always prevails.
(d) That Lanik is in control.
12. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
(a) That the people of Gill have kidnapped Dinte.
(b) That the people of Gill are not evil after all.
(c) That Lanik has come to the wrong Family.
(d) That Lanik has put himself in great danger.
13. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
(a) To shame Dinte regarding their father's death.
(b) To haul Dinte to the dungeon.
(c) To beg forgiveness and rule with Dinte.
(d) To name Dinte as a traitor and kill him.
14. As Lanik comes ashore near Anderson, what happens to him during his landing?
(a) Lanik shatters his leg.
(b) Lanik is trapped in slowtime.
(c) Lanik is chased by sharks.
(d) Lanik is trapped in quicktime.
15. What do the Ku Kuei look like?
(a) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, tall, and thin.
(b) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, short, and thin.
(c) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, short, and fat.
(d) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, tall, and fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
2. How does Lanik travel from land to land killing the illuders?
3. Who approaches Lanik on the beach when he lands near Anderson?
4. What does Lanik see coming down the street while he is in quicktime in Jones?
5. What is on the beach when Lanik lands near Anderson?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)