|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
(a) Saranna becomes enslaved by the Ku Kuei.
(b) Saranna becomes a time traveler.
(c) Saranna becomes an expert teacher.
(d) Saranna becomes a virtual statue.
2. Name one of the illusions the character on the beach near Anderson uses on Lanik.
(a) A volcano.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) An earthquake.
3. According to Lanik, what is the worst thing about quicktime?
(a) Lost experiences.
4. Who does Lanik heal after an assassination attempt on the lord and Lanik?
5. When Lanik reaches Jones, how long has it been since Lanik and his father disappeared into the Ku Kuei forest?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
6. Where are the great illusionists and deceivers from?
(b) Ku Kuei.
7. What are the Schwartzes known as?
(a) The ultimate tricksters.
(b) The ultimate negotiators.
(c) The ultimate fighters.
(d) The ultimate peacemakers.
8. What does Lanik do in the forest to bring the inhabitants out of hiding?
(a) Lanik threatens to kill Ensel.
(b) Lanik sinks their lake.
(c) Lanik yells for them to show themselves.
(d) Lanik starts cutting down their trees.
9. What are the Ambassadors?
(a) Snack foods.
(b) The mother world's elite guard units.
(c) Machines that send materials to and from the mother world.
(d) People sent to other worlds for diplomatic purposes.
10. After leaving Jones in a hurry for fear of being caught by Mwabao, where does Lanik head?
(a) Ku Kuei.
11. According to the conversation between the Jones innkeeper and Lanik, who is the power behind the king?
(c) The Schwartzes.
(d) The Andersons.
12. How long does it take the impostor to make his way into the agreed-upon meeting room?
(a) One hour.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
13. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That Lanik is in control.
(b) That justice always prevails.
(c) That no death is deserved.
(d) That Lanik has a soul.
14. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
15. Before being distracted by the sight of what is coming down the street in Jones, what is Lanik contemplating doing before leaving Jones?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Stealing horses.
(c) Playing pranks.
(d) Locking doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
2. When Lanik goes to the throne room in Gill using quicktime, he sees an old woman on the throne. Who is the old woman, really?
3. Where does Lanik decide he must travel next in order to stop the illuders?
4. What does the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson try to do?
5. How does Lanik plan to travel to his next destination?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)