|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
(a) Help arm soldiers.
(b) Hide amongst the trees.
(c) Trick others.
(d) Ambush travelers.
2. Why does Lanik finally decide to go to Mueller after killing the illuders?
(a) Lanik must clear his name.
(b) Lanik must dethrone Dinte.
(c) Lanik must restore his father's name.
(d) Lanik must confront his mother.
3. After wandering through Wood and Hank, where does Lanik finally arrive?
4. What do the Schwartzes send along with Lanik as he departs their midst?
(b) Their energy.
(c) A fast horse.
5. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
6. Who does Lanik argue at length with while in Schwartz?
7. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
8. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
(a) That Lanik has come to the wrong Family.
(b) That Lanik has put himself in great danger.
(c) That the people of Gill are not evil after all.
(d) That the people of Gill have kidnapped Dinte.
9. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik actually see?
(a) Lanik's double.
(b) Lanik's father.
(c) An Anderson illuder.
(d) Mwabao Mawa.
10. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
(a) To apologize to the Earth.
(b) To fortify his healing powers.
(c) To learn additional tricks.
(d) To get help.
11. What does Lanik do in the forest to bring the inhabitants out of hiding?
(a) Lanik yells for them to show themselves.
(b) Lanik starts cutting down their trees.
(c) Lanik sinks their lake.
(d) Lanik threatens to kill Ensel.
12. What does Lanik realize about himself as he prepares to leave Ku Kuei?
(a) That he is faithful.
(b) That he is a hypocrite.
(c) That he is courageous.
(d) That he is timid.
13. What is so strange about Ku Kuei?
(a) The birds do not sing.
(b) The ground does not dry.
(c) The sun does not go down.
(d) The sunlight does not filter through the leaves.
14. How does Lanik plan to travel to his next destination?
(a) Lanik plans to hire a carriage.
(b) Lanik plans to steal a horse.
(c) Lanik plans to hire a guide.
(d) Lanik plans to walk across the ocean.
15. According to the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson, how does this person make a living?
(a) Raising cattle.
(b) Selling clothing.
(c) Raising sheep.
(d) Selling fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lanik hope to eliminate by ending the domination of Anderson?
2. According to the Schwartzes, what is a great moral sacrifice?
3. What is the name of the innkeeper in Jones?
4. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
5. Who is the lord's servant, really?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)