|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Gill?
2. Who teaches Dinte's impostor the secrets of illusion?
(a) The Andersons.
(c) The Schwartzes.
(d) Mwabao Mawa.
3. Why are the people in Ku Kuei bored?
(a) They have all the time in the world.
(b) They rarely have visitors.
(c) They are not bored.
(d) They lack social skills and drive others away.
4. As Lanik prepares to leave Ku Kuei, how is he treated by the inhabitants of the land?
(a) The people of Ku Kuei tease Lanik.
(b) The people of Ku Kuei worship Lanik.
(c) The people of Ku Kuei beat Lanik.
(d) The people of Ku Kuei provide extra provisions for Lanik.
5. Before being distracted by the sight of what is coming down the street in Jones, what is Lanik contemplating doing before leaving Jones?
(a) Stealing horses.
(b) Picking pockets.
(c) Playing pranks.
(d) Locking doors.
6. What does Lanik do in the forest to bring the inhabitants out of hiding?
(a) Lanik sinks their lake.
(b) Lanik starts cutting down their trees.
(c) Lanik yells for them to show themselves.
(d) Lanik threatens to kill Ensel.
7. What is the one way to stop a Mueller from regenerating?
(a) By maiming.
(b) By burning.
(c) By flogging.
(d) By chopping.
8. Before becoming the innkeeper in Jones, this character is who?
(a) The Lord of Ku Kuei.
(b) The Duke of Forestedge.
(c) The Prince of Allison.
(d) The King of Nkumai.
9. In Britton, what is a person who tends sheep called?
(a) A Humper.
(b) A Sheepster.
(c) A Guider.
(d) A Herder.
10. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
11. What are the Schwartzes known as?
(a) The ultimate negotiators.
(b) The ultimate fighters.
(c) The ultimate tricksters.
(d) The ultimate peacemakers.
12. What is the name of the lord's servant?
13. Where does Lanik instruct the impostor to meet him in order to discuss the truth in a private setting?
(a) In the room where Lanik had first kissed Saranna.
(b) In the room where Lanik kept his snails.
(c) In the room where Lanik and Dinte had played cards.
(d) In the room where Lanik had been disowned.
14. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
(a) Lanik's double.
(c) Mwabao Mawa.
(d) An Anderson illuder.
15. According to the Schwartzes, what is a great moral sacrifice?
(a) To deny love for another.
(b) To use magical powers to take a life.
(c) To leave a friend behind.
(d) To sacrifice your life for another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lord in Britton reveal about Lanik's brother?
2. When several illuders enter the throne room in Gill and try to harm Lanik, what does Lanik do?
3. When Lanik steps into quicktime upon reaching the castle in Mueller, who does Lanik actually see?
4. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
5. According to Lanik, what is the worst thing about quicktime?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)