|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Lanik on the beach when he lands near Anderson?
(a) Lanik's girlfriend.
(b) A mad soldier.
(c) A beautiful young girl.
(d) Lanik's guide.
2. What are the Ambassadors?
(a) People sent to other worlds for diplomatic purposes.
(b) Machines that send materials to and from the mother world.
(c) The mother world's elite guard units.
(d) Snack foods.
3. What room do the impostor and Lanik end up meeting in?
(a) The garden house.
(b) The playroom.
(c) The throne room's antechamber.
(d) A long-unused attic.
4. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
(a) An Anderson illuder.
(b) Mwabao Mawa.
(d) Lanik's double.
5. What do the Schwartzes send along with Lanik as he departs their midst?
(a) Their energy.
(c) A fast horse.
6. While Lanik is being held captive in Gill, a new prisoner arrives. Who is the new prisoner?
7. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
(a) The sight of the Schwartzes coming together.
(b) The terrible scream of the Earth.
(c) The sight of Barton being beheaded.
(d) Being disowned by the Schwartzes.
8. What is the name of the lord in Britton who wants to meet Lanik?
9. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
(a) Ambush travelers.
(b) Trick others.
(c) Hide amongst the trees.
(d) Help arm soldiers.
10. As Lanik comes ashore near Anderson, what happens to him during his landing?
(a) Lanik is trapped in quicktime.
(b) Lanik shatters his leg.
(c) Lanik is trapped in slowtime.
(d) Lanik is chased by sharks.
11. What is the result from the last time that Lanik and Dinte's impostor had a meeting?
(a) The imposter had Lanik imprisoned.
(b) Lanik had the imposter imprisoned.
(c) Lanik tried to kill the imposter.
(d) The imposter tried to kill Lanik.
12. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
(a) To shame Dinte regarding their father's death.
(b) To name Dinte as a traitor and kill him.
(c) To haul Dinte to the dungeon.
(d) To beg forgiveness and rule with Dinte.
13. What does Lanik realize about himself as he prepares to leave Ku Kuei?
(a) That he is faithful.
(b) That he is courageous.
(c) That he is timid.
(d) That he is a hypocrite.
14. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
(a) That Lanik has put himself in great danger.
(b) That the people of Gill have kidnapped Dinte.
(c) That Lanik has come to the wrong Family.
(d) That the people of Gill are not evil after all.
15. What does Lanik see coming down the street while he is in quicktime in Jones?
(a) A legion of soldiers.
(c) A Nkumai coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so strange about Ku Kuei?
2. After walking for some time through the forest, Lanik eventually gets tired and lies down. What does Ensel want to do?
3. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
4. What cover story does Lanik give to the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
5. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)