|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
(a) That the people of Gill have kidnapped Dinte.
(b) That the people of Gill are not evil after all.
(c) That Lanik has come to the wrong Family.
(d) That Lanik has put himself in great danger.
2. Where must Lanik travel before he can return to the simple peace in Britton for good?
(b) Ku Kuei.
3. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
(a) Being disowned by the Schwartzes.
(b) The sight of the Schwartzes coming together.
(c) The terrible scream of the Earth.
(d) The sight of Barton being beheaded.
4. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
(a) Trick others.
(b) Ambush travelers.
(c) Help arm soldiers.
(d) Hide amongst the trees.
5. In Gill, what does Lanik save the new prisoner from?
(a) Community service.
(b) Lifelong imprisonment.
6. What are the Schwartzes known as?
(a) The ultimate negotiators.
(b) The ultimate tricksters.
(c) The ultimate peacemakers.
(d) The ultimate fighters.
7. What does the lord in Britton reveal about Lanik's brother?
(a) Lanik's brother is about to be killed.
(b) Lanik's brother does not appear in any history books.
(c) Lanik's brother has killed Saranna.
(d) Lanik's brother is a terribly incompetent ruler.
8. Where does Lanik instruct the impostor to meet him in order to discuss the truth in a private setting?
(a) In the room where Lanik kept his snails.
(b) In the room where Lanik had first kissed Saranna.
(c) In the room where Lanik had been disowned.
(d) In the room where Lanik and Dinte had played cards.
9. What is the one way to stop a Mueller from regenerating?
(a) By chopping.
(b) By flogging.
(c) By burning.
(d) By maiming.
10. Who does Lanik argue at length with while in Schwartz?
11. What do the Schwartzes send along with Lanik as he departs their midst?
(b) Their energy.
(c) A fast horse.
12. When did the lord in Britton first meet Lanik?
(a) When Lanik arrived in Britton.
(b) When Lanik was in Ku Kuei.
(c) When Lanik was traveling through Allison.
(d) When Lanik was just a boy.
13. What is so strange about Ku Kuei?
(a) The sunlight does not filter through the leaves.
(b) The birds do not sing.
(c) The ground does not dry.
(d) The sun does not go down.
14. Upon seeing who was actually sitting on the throne in Mueller impersonating Dinte, what is Lanik's first thought?
15. Why does Lanik go to Schwartz before undertaking his mission to destroy Anderson?
(a) To fortify his healing powers.
(b) To get help.
(c) To learn additional tricks.
(d) To apologize to the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Schwartzes all lie down together before sending Lanik off, what shape do the Schwartzes form?
2. Who approaches Lanik on the beach when he lands near Anderson?
3. According to the conversation between the Jones innkeeper and Lanik, who is the power behind the king?
4. As Lanik comes ashore near Anderson, what happens to him during his landing?
5. Lanik realizes he must leave Ku Kuei. Why?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)