|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lanik plan to travel to his next destination?
(a) Lanik plans to steal a horse.
(b) Lanik plans to hire a guide.
(c) Lanik plans to walk across the ocean.
(d) Lanik plans to hire a carriage.
2. What does Lanik realize about himself as he prepares to leave Ku Kuei?
(a) That he is courageous.
(b) That he is a hypocrite.
(c) That he is faithful.
(d) That he is timid.
3. Why does Lanik finally decide to go to Mueller after killing the illuders?
(a) Lanik must dethrone Dinte.
(b) Lanik must clear his name.
(c) Lanik must restore his father's name.
(d) Lanik must confront his mother.
4. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
(a) Ambush travelers.
(b) Trick others.
(c) Help arm soldiers.
(d) Hide amongst the trees.
5. As Lanik comes ashore near Anderson, what happens to him during his landing?
(a) Lanik is trapped in slowtime.
(b) Lanik is trapped in quicktime.
(c) Lanik is chased by sharks.
(d) Lanik shatters his leg.
6. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
(a) A supernatural being.
(b) An evil spirit.
(d) A ghost.
7. What cover story does Lanik give to the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
(a) Lanik was forced to walk the plank from a slave ship.
(b) Lanik and his father capsized and his father drowned.
(c) Lanik was a captain and wrecked his ship on the shoals.
(d) Lanik was a soldier with the rebel fighters.
8. What do the Ku Kuei look like?
(a) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, tall, and fat.
(b) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, short, and thin.
(c) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, tall, and thin.
(d) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, short, and fat.
9. What is on the beach when Lanik lands near Anderson?
(a) A seaside restaurant.
(b) A beach umbrella.
(c) A beautiful cottage.
(d) A beach buggy.
10. What is the name of the innkeeper in Jones?
(a) Bill Underkukei.
(b) Bill Undergill.
(c) Bill Underjones.
(d) Bill Underallison.
11. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
12. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
13. Where does Lanik decide he must travel next in order to stop the illuders?
(a) To Schwartz.
(b) To Anderson.
(c) To Mueller.
(d) To Ku Kuei.
14. According to Lanik, what is the main difference between his face and the face of his impostor after Lanik "healed" the impostor?
(a) The impostor's face is no longer white.
(b) The impostor's face is beautiful.
(c) The impostor's face still displayed innocence.
(d) The impostor's face has a scar over the left eye.
15. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before being distracted by the sight of what is coming down the street in Jones, what is Lanik contemplating doing before leaving Jones?
2. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
3. When Lanik is attacked after being awakened in the night, what does Lanik do to his attacker?
4. When Lanik reaches Jones, how long has it been since Lanik and his father disappeared into the Ku Kuei forest?
5. What happens to Lanik immediately upon his arrival in Gill?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)