|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After walking for some time through the forest, Lanik eventually gets tired and lies down. What does Ensel want to do?
(a) Find shelter.
(b) Find food.
(c) Keep walking.
(d) Take a nap.
2. What is on the beach when Lanik lands near Anderson?
(a) A seaside restaurant.
(b) A beautiful cottage.
(c) A beach buggy.
(d) A beach umbrella.
3. After the illusion takes place, what does the stranger on the beach offer to do for Lanik?
(a) Splint his leg.
(b) Guide his travels.
(c) Wash his clothes.
(d) Answer his questions.
4. What is Lanik's original plan regarding the confrontation of Dinte in Mueller?
(a) To haul Dinte to the dungeon.
(b) To name Dinte as a traitor and kill him.
(c) To beg forgiveness and rule with Dinte.
(d) To shame Dinte regarding their father's death.
5. In Britton, what is a person who tends sheep called?
(a) A Herder.
(b) A Sheepster.
(c) A Humper.
(d) A Guider.
6. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
7. According to the Schwartzes, what is a great moral sacrifice?
(a) To deny love for another.
(b) To use magical powers to take a life.
(c) To sacrifice your life for another.
(d) To leave a friend behind.
8. What is the name of the lord's servant?
9. Where does Lanik decide he must travel next in order to stop the illuders?
(a) To Anderson.
(b) To Ku Kuei.
(c) To Schwartz.
(d) To Mueller.
10. What does the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson try to do?
(a) Capture Lanik.
(b) Hurt Lanik.
(c) Kill Lanik.
(d) Love Lanik.
11. What do the Ku Kuei look like?
(a) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, tall, and fat.
(b) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, tall, and thin.
(c) The Ku Kuei are light-skinned, short, and thin.
(d) The Ku Kuei are dark-skinned, short, and fat.
12. Before being distracted by the sight of what is coming down the street in Jones, what is Lanik contemplating doing before leaving Jones?
(a) Playing pranks.
(b) Stealing horses.
(c) Picking pockets.
(d) Locking doors.
13. What is the name of the innkeeper in Jones?
(a) Bill Underjones.
(b) Bill Underallison.
(c) Bill Undergill.
(d) Bill Underkukei.
14. Who approaches Lanik on the beach when he lands near Anderson?
(a) A mad soldier.
(b) A beautiful young girl.
(c) Lanik's girlfriend.
(d) Lanik's guide.
15. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
(a) Read minds.
(b) Alter time.
(c) Forage for food.
(d) Live in the trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the lord in Britton first meet Lanik?
2. Before becoming the innkeeper in Jones, this character is who?
3. What is the result from the last time that Lanik and Dinte's impostor had a meeting?
4. According to the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson, how does this person make a living?
5. What cover story does Lanik give to the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)