|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Schwartzes all lie down together before sending Lanik off, what shape do the Schwartzes form?
(a) A circle.
(b) A star.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A square.
2. What illusion is destroyed when Lanik destroys the Ambassadors?
(a) That people must leave Treason to be happy.
(b) That people must work to keep the iron supply flowing.
(c) That people have all the time in the world.
(d) That people must worship the mother world.
3. What word best describes Gill?
4. What are the Schwartzes known as?
(a) The ultimate tricksters.
(b) The ultimate negotiators.
(c) The ultimate fighters.
(d) The ultimate peacemakers.
5. What room do the impostor and Lanik end up meeting in?
(a) The garden house.
(b) A long-unused attic.
(c) The throne room's antechamber.
(d) The playroom.
6. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
(a) That the people of Gill are not evil after all.
(b) That the people of Gill have kidnapped Dinte.
(c) That Lanik has come to the wrong Family.
(d) That Lanik has put himself in great danger.
7. What is the name of the lord in Britton who wants to meet Lanik?
8. According to the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson, how does this person make a living?
(a) Selling fish.
(b) Selling clothing.
(c) Raising cattle.
(d) Raising sheep.
9. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
10. What is the name of the lord's servant?
11. After leaving Jones in a hurry for fear of being caught by Mwabao, where does Lanik head?
(d) Ku Kuei.
12. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
(a) A supernatural being.
(c) A ghost.
(d) An evil spirit.
13. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
(a) A gun.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A sword.
(d) A knife.
14. What cover story does Lanik give to the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
(a) Lanik was a captain and wrecked his ship on the shoals.
(b) Lanik and his father capsized and his father drowned.
(c) Lanik was forced to walk the plank from a slave ship.
(d) Lanik was a soldier with the rebel fighters.
15. Lanik realizes he must leave Ku Kuei. Why?
(a) To restore his father's kingdom.
(b) To save Saranna.
(c) To help right the wrongs in the world.
(d) To save himself from the temptation of time travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lanik goes to the throne room in Gill using quicktime, he sees an old woman on the throne. Who is the old woman, really?
2. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
3. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
4. In Gill, what does Lanik save the new prisoner from?
5. Why are the people in Ku Kuei bored?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)