|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Schwartzes known as?
(a) The ultimate fighters.
(b) The ultimate peacemakers.
(c) The ultimate tricksters.
(d) The ultimate negotiators.
2. What is the name of the shepherd that Lanik helps in Britton?
3. What does Lanik do in the forest to bring the inhabitants out of hiding?
(a) Lanik threatens to kill Ensel.
(b) Lanik yells for them to show themselves.
(c) Lanik starts cutting down their trees.
(d) Lanik sinks their lake.
4. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That no death is deserved.
(b) That Lanik is in control.
(c) That Lanik has a soul.
(d) That justice always prevails.
5. Leaving Schwartz, what does Lanik realize will scar him forever?
(a) The terrible scream of the Earth.
(b) Being disowned by the Schwartzes.
(c) The sight of the Schwartzes coming together.
(d) The sight of Barton being beheaded.
6. What is so strange about Ku Kuei?
(a) The sun does not go down.
(b) The sunlight does not filter through the leaves.
(c) The birds do not sing.
(d) The ground does not dry.
7. The captain of the guard in Gill thought he had killed and buried Lanik. When Lanik subsequently stands in front of the captain, what does the captain think that Lanik is?
(a) An evil spirit.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A supernatural being.
8. Who teaches Dinte's impostor the secrets of illusion?
(a) The Schwartzes.
(b) The Andersons.
(c) Mwabao Mawa.
9. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
10. What cover story does Lanik give to the person who meets him on the beach near Anderson?
(a) Lanik and his father capsized and his father drowned.
(b) Lanik was forced to walk the plank from a slave ship.
(c) Lanik was a captain and wrecked his ship on the shoals.
(d) Lanik was a soldier with the rebel fighters.
11. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
(a) Read minds.
(b) Live in the trees.
(c) Alter time.
(d) Forage for food.
12. What is the one way to stop a Mueller from regenerating?
(a) By burning.
(b) By chopping.
(c) By maiming.
(d) By flogging.
13. Why does Lanik finally decide to go to Mueller after killing the illuders?
(a) Lanik must dethrone Dinte.
(b) Lanik must clear his name.
(c) Lanik must restore his father's name.
(d) Lanik must confront his mother.
14. When Lanik goes to the throne room in Gill using quicktime, he sees an old woman on the throne. Who is the old woman, really?
(a) An old man that looks like Mwabao.
(b) An old woman that looks like Mother.
(c) A young man that looks like Barton.
(d) A young woman that looks like Saranna.
15. Who actually kills the real Dinte many years before?
(b) An Anderson illuder.
(c) Lanik's double.
(d) Mwabao Mawa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Gill?
2. Who arrives in Gill before Lanik, and warns the people of Lanik's impending arrival?
3. When Lanik arrives in Gill, what does he find?
4. Why does the character who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson use illusions?
5. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)