|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words describe the people aboard the slave ship?
(a) Cruel and loving.
(b) Cruel and sentimental.
(c) Sentimental and kind.
(d) Loving and kind.
2. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain has never lost his way.
(b) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
(c) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
(d) The captain is an expert swordsman.
3. What is the name of the old soldier who joins Lanik and his two friends as Lanik prepares to leave Mueller?
4. After telling Lanik the source of their iron sales, what does the highest official in the land demand from Lanik?
(a) An information exchange.
(b) Sexual favors.
(c) Monetary compensation.
(d) A percentage of Lanik's food stores.
5. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
(c) Old Lady.
6. As the main character prepares to leave his homeland, what does he notice being kept in pens?
(a) Radical regeneratives.
(b) Untamed lions.
(d) Convicted felons.
7. How do the slavers describe Lanik's appearance after Lanik has been aboard the slave ship for a little while?
8. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
(b) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
(c) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
(d) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
9. What does the land of Mueller exchange for iron?
(a) Extra limbs.
(b) Extra livestock.
(c) Lion fur.
10. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
(a) The person is captured.
(b) The person is shot with an arrow.
(c) The person is shot with a bullet.
(d) The person is set on fire.
11. After escaping the tree city, Lanik passes out. What does Lanik realize when he comes to?
(a) Lanik has been recaptured.
(b) Lanik is losing too much blood.
(c) Lanik has a double.
(d) Lanik is too weak to travel on.
12. What does the person helping Lanik give him before he departs?
(a) A map.
(b) A dress.
13. Why does Lanik eventually prepare to leave the desert people?
(a) Lanik realizes he is not growing as a person.
(b) Lanik is afraid of his new-found powers.
(c) Lanik misses Saranna.
(d) Lanik realizes he must return to help his father.
14. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
(a) The bread is old.
(b) The bread is unleavened.
(c) The bread is moldy.
(d) The bread is stale.
15. What happens when the group of four enters the forest and then reaches the lake?
(a) They sleep.
(b) They bathe and play.
(c) They are ambushed.
(d) They are imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the 'Lanik and Lanik" chapter?
2. What happens at least twice a day in Nkumai?
3. Why does the forest seem strange to Lanik?
4. When Lanik is in his prison cell in Mueller, who comes to visit him?
5. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)