|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lanik meet as he travels to Ku Kuei?
(a) An angry soldier.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A young woman.
(d) An old lady.
2. Who teaches Lanik how to care for his basic needs in the trees?
3. While in the castle in Mueller, whose throat does Lanik slit?
4. After he reaches the ground, what leaks out of Lanik and falls on the ground?
(a) Part of Lanik's heart.
(b) Part of Lanik's intestine.
(c) Part of Lanik's spleen.
(d) Part of Lanik's stomach.
5. Who visits Lanik just before he escapes?
6. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
(a) Lanik concealed it from the guards.
(b) Lanik takes it from one of the guards.
(c) Lanik finds it on the ground.
(d) Lanik has it smuggled in to him.
7. Of the currency tendered on the planet, what is the most valuable form of currency?
(c) Sugar cane.
8. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
(a) Sell him as a sideshow freak.
(b) Trade him for iron.
(c) Sell his regenerating parts.
(d) Kill him.
9. Who is the highest official in Nkumai?
10. Why is the person Lanik meets afraid, at first, to help him?
(a) Lanik looks scruffy and dangerous.
(b) There have been robbers in the area.
(c) There are penalties for aiding and abetting felons.
(d) The person is under surveillance.
11. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
12. What is the name of the old soldier who joins Lanik and his two friends as Lanik prepares to leave Mueller?
13. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
(a) The bread is moldy.
(b) The bread is old.
(c) The bread is stale.
(d) The bread is unleavened.
14. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(b) The captain has never lost his way.
(c) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
(d) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
15. What happens when the guards inform Lanik that his cover has been blown?
(a) Lanik joins the rebel forces.
(b) Lanik explains the situation.
(c) Lanik kills the guards.
(d) Lanik begs for mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the forest seem strange to Lanik?
2. When Lanik is returned to his homeland and charged with a number of crimes, what is Lanik's sentence for committing these crimes?
3. In Mueller, Lanik's prison cell visitor takes him to see which person?
4. As he is making his escape, how does Lanik become wounded?
5. As the group of four leaves Mueller, what does the old soldier take with him?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)