|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the young boy challenges Lanik to manipulate rock, what is the first thing Lanik asks for?
(a) A lake.
(c) A cliff.
(d) A mountain.
2. What is the first town that Lanik comes to?
(d) Ku Kueilian.
3. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
(a) Ku Kuei.
4. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain has never lost his way.
(b) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
(c) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(d) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
5. Where does Lanik leave the slave ship?
(a) In the middle of the ocean.
(b) Near Mueller.
(c) Near the river by Nkumai.
(d) Near the worst desert in the world.
6. As the main character prepares to leave his homeland, what does he notice being kept in pens?
(a) Radical regeneratives.
(b) Convicted felons.
(c) Untamed lions.
7. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
(a) It would be beautiful.
(b) It is dramatic.
(c) He is thirsty.
(d) He is hot.
8. After the assassination attempt on the main character, where does the main character flee to?
(c) Ku Kuei.
9. What is the only way to kill a regenerative?
(a) Cut out the regenerative's heart.
(b) Set the regenerative on fire.
(c) Cut off the regenerative's head.
(d) Stab through the regenerative's heart.
10. How is Lanik treated by his guards?
(a) Lanik is teased.
(b) Lanik is revered.
(c) Lanik is pitied.
(d) Lanik is tortured.
11. What does the person helping Lanik give him before he departs?
(a) A dress.
(b) A map.
12. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
(a) Lanik is beaten.
(b) Lanik is chastised.
(c) Lanik is stoned.
(d) Lanik is imprisoned.
13. Why does the forest seem strange to Lanik?
(a) The night never seems to end.
(b) Everything is teeming with life.
(c) The sun is brutally hot.
(d) Everything seems motionless.
14. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
(a) To drown.
(b) To float away to safety.
(c) To be rescued by a nearby boat.
(d) To land safely on another shore.
15. After Lanik slips into the castle in Mueller, what does Lanik cause to happen?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A rebellion.
(d) A flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the 'Lanik and Lanik" chapter?
2. Upon arriving in Nkumai, where does the guide take Lanik?
3. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
4. What does Lanik demand from the captain of the slave ship?
5. What do the people in Nkumai eat?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)