|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the original settler of Nkumai?
(a) An urban planner.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A rebel spy.
(d) A physicist.
2. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
(b) Ku Kuei.
3. Which wife of Mueller is Lanik's mother?
(a) The seventh.
(b) The first.
(c) The fourth.
(d) The second.
4. What does Lanik demand from the captain of the slave ship?
(a) To be thrown overboard.
(b) To be set ashore on the nearest land.
(c) To be given edible food.
(d) To be freed unconditionally.
5. After the assassination attempt on the main character, where does the main character flee to?
(c) Ku Kuei.
6. What happens when the group of four enters the forest and then reaches the lake?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They bathe and play.
(c) They sleep.
(d) They are ambushed.
7. What is the currency on the planet?
8. When Lanik is captured, he claims to be an ambassador. What land does he claim to be from?
9. Why is the person helping Lanik finally willing to help him?
(a) The person helping Lanik has no love for the king.
(b) The person helping Lanik has also been wrongfully accused.
(c) The person helping Lanik is a rebel spy.
(d) The person helping Lanik is a loyal citizen.
10. As he is making his escape, how does Lanik become wounded?
(a) From an accident.
(b) From a fight.
(c) From a fall.
(d) From a climb.
11. What secret does Lanik hold that enables him to make his escape?
(a) Lanik has bribed the guards.
(b) Lanik is a magician.
(c) Lanik has loosened the bonds.
(d) Lanik is a regenerative.
12. What do the people of Nkumai do first thing every morning?
(d) Gather food.
13. What are "cruel bonds"?
(a) Bamboo laced with glass.
(b) Ropes covered with sharp glass.
(d) Wire-edged ropes.
14. Why is Lanik's appearance so unnerving to the slavers?
(a) The slavers are unfamiliar with regeneration.
(b) The slavers are sticklers for neatness.
(c) The slavers are afraid of Lanik's strength.
(d) The slavers are awed by Lanik's strength.
15. Who visits Lanik just before he escapes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way to kill a regenerative?
2. What happens at least twice a day in Nkumai?
3. As the main character prepares to leave his homeland, what does he notice being kept in pens?
4. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
5. What must Lanik do as a result of receiving his gift from the Earth?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)