|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mueller, Lanik's prison cell visitor takes him to see which person?
2. As the main character prepares to leave his homeland, what does he notice being kept in pens?
(b) Untamed lions.
(c) Convicted felons.
(d) Radical regeneratives.
3. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
(a) Lanik is stoned.
(b) Lanik is beaten.
(c) Lanik is chastised.
(d) Lanik is imprisoned.
4. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
5. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
6. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
(a) It would be beautiful.
(b) It is dramatic.
(c) He is thirsty.
(d) He is hot.
7. What people are on the ship that picks up Lanik?
8. Who is the highest official in Nkumai?
9. What is wrong with the meat served to Lanik by the slavers?
(a) The meat is grisly.
(b) The meat is overcooked.
(c) The meat is maggoty.
(d) The meat is undercooked.
10. What is the name of the people who live in the desert?
(a) The Allisons.
(b) The Nkumaians.
(c) The Ku Kueians.
(d) The Schwartzes.
11. How do the slavers describe Lanik's appearance after Lanik has been aboard the slave ship for a little while?
12. While Lanik sleeps in this person's house, who comes looking for Lanik?
(b) The assassin.
13. Why is the person Lanik meets afraid, at first, to help him?
(a) Lanik looks scruffy and dangerous.
(b) There have been robbers in the area.
(c) There are penalties for aiding and abetting felons.
(d) The person is under surveillance.
14. Who is the protagonist's brother?
15. What happens when the group of four enters the forest and then reaches the lake?
(a) They are ambushed.
(b) They bathe and play.
(c) They sleep.
(d) They are imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words describe the people aboard the slave ship?
2. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
3. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
4. Who does the main character refuse to take with him as he flees for his life?
5. Who is taking Lanik to Nkumai?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)