|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the old soldier who joins Lanik and his two friends as Lanik prepares to leave Mueller?
2. What does transsexual growth indicate?
(a) Radical regeneration.
(b) Racial regeneration.
(c) Specific regeneration.
(d) Superficial regeneration.
3. After telling Lanik the source of their iron sales, what does the highest official in the land demand from Lanik?
(a) An information exchange.
(b) A percentage of Lanik's food stores.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Monetary compensation.
4. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
(a) Because those taken above-board are deceived.
(b) Because those taken above-board are beaten.
(c) Because those taken above-board are ridiculed.
(d) Because those taken above-board walk the plank.
5. What is the only way to kill a regenerative?
(a) Cut out the regenerative's heart.
(b) Stab through the regenerative's heart.
(c) Set the regenerative on fire.
(d) Cut off the regenerative's head.
6. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
(b) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(c) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
(d) The captain has never lost his way.
7. Lanik becomes legendary in the land of Sill. What is Lanik known as?
(a) The Running Man.
(b) The Earth Mover.
(c) The Three-Armed Man.
(d) The Naked Man.
8. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
9. What do the people of Nkumai do first thing every morning?
(c) Gather food.
10. How does Lanik feel about his mother?
(a) Lanik loves her.
(b) Lanik hates her.
(c) Lanik tolerates her.
(d) Lanik envies her.
11. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
(a) To be rescued by a nearby boat.
(b) To land safely on another shore.
(c) To float away to safety.
(d) To drown.
12. Why is the person Lanik meets afraid, at first, to help him?
(a) Lanik looks scruffy and dangerous.
(b) The person is under surveillance.
(c) There are penalties for aiding and abetting felons.
(d) There have been robbers in the area.
13. Who is the original settler of Nkumai?
(a) A rebel spy.
(b) A physicist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An urban planner.
14. While in the castle in Mueller, whose throat does Lanik slit?
15. What is the first town that Lanik comes to?
(c) Ku Kueilian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Lanik how to care for his basic needs in the trees?
2. What happens at least twice a day in Nkumai?
3. After the young boy challenges Lanik to manipulate rock, what is the first thing Lanik asks for?
4. When Lanik is in his prison cell in Mueller, who comes to visit him?
5. How is Lanik treated by his guards?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)