|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the story's protagonist?
2. Why is Lanik's appearance so unnerving to the slavers?
(a) The slavers are awed by Lanik's strength.
(b) The slavers are sticklers for neatness.
(c) The slavers are unfamiliar with regeneration.
(d) The slavers are afraid of Lanik's strength.
3. What best describes the 'Lanik and Lanik" chapter?
(a) A foreshadowing extravaganza.
(b) An extended chase scene.
(c) An abbreviated history of the planet.
(d) An extended political rant.
4. What does the person helping Lanik give him before he departs?
(c) A dress.
(d) A map.
5. As a result of his condition, what happens to the main character when he meets with his father?
(a) He is enslaved.
(b) He is crowned.
(c) He is disowned.
(d) He is worshipped.
6. How do the slavers describe Lanik's appearance after Lanik has been aboard the slave ship for a little while?
7. How big is the cell on the ship in which Lanik is imprisoned?
(a) Three meters wide.
(b) Four meters wide.
(c) Two meters wide.
(d) One meter wide.
8. Why is the person Lanik meets afraid, at first, to help him?
(a) There are penalties for aiding and abetting felons.
(b) There have been robbers in the area.
(c) Lanik looks scruffy and dangerous.
(d) The person is under surveillance.
9. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
(a) The person is set on fire.
(b) The person is shot with an arrow.
(c) The person is shot with a bullet.
(d) The person is captured.
10. According to Lanik's first conversation with the highest official in the land, what do the Nkumai people sell for iron?
(a) Vessels carved from wood.
(b) The smells of the swamp.
(c) Freshly caught rain water.
(d) Rare tree bark.
11. Of the currency tendered on the planet, what is the most valuable form of currency?
(b) Sugar cane.
12. What happens at least twice a day in Nkumai?
(a) It rains.
(b) The people descend to find food.
(c) The sun burns the leaves.
(d) It gets foggy.
13. In Mueller, Lanik's prison cell visitor takes him to see which person?
14. What happens when the group of four enters the forest and then reaches the lake?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They sleep.
(c) They bathe and play.
(d) They are ambushed.
15. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(b) The captain has never lost his way.
(c) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
(d) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the highest official in Nkumai?
2. Lanik becomes legendary in the land of Sill. What is Lanik known as?
3. Which wife of Mueller is Lanik's mother?
4. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
5. While Lanik sleeps in this person's house, who comes looking for Lanik?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)