|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the assassination attempt on the main character, where does the main character flee to?
(b) Ku Kuei.
2. What must Lanik do as a result of receiving his gift from the Earth?
(a) Scale the mountain.
(b) Jump off the cliff.
(c) Drink the water.
(d) Swim across the lake.
3. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
(a) Because those taken above-board are ridiculed.
(b) Because those taken above-board are deceived.
(c) Because those taken above-board are beaten.
(d) Because those taken above-board walk the plank.
4. Who is the protagonist's brother?
5. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
(b) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
(c) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(d) The captain has never lost his way.
6. When Lanik is returned to his homeland and charged with a number of crimes, what is Lanik's sentence for committing these crimes?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(d) Community restoration.
7. Who visits Lanik just before he escapes?
8. Lanik becomes legendary in the land of Sill. What is Lanik known as?
(a) The Earth Mover.
(b) The Running Man.
(c) The Naked Man.
(d) The Three-Armed Man.
9. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
(a) Sell his regenerating parts.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Sell him as a sideshow freak.
(d) Trade him for iron.
10. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
(a) The bread is old.
(b) The bread is moldy.
(c) The bread is stale.
(d) The bread is unleavened.
11. Who teaches Lanik how to care for his basic needs in the trees?
12. After escaping the tree city, Lanik passes out. What does Lanik realize when he comes to?
(a) Lanik is losing too much blood.
(b) Lanik has been recaptured.
(c) Lanik has a double.
(d) Lanik is too weak to travel on.
13. Where does Lanik leave the slave ship?
(a) Near the worst desert in the world.
(b) In the middle of the ocean.
(c) Near Mueller.
(d) Near the river by Nkumai.
14. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
(a) It would be beautiful.
(b) He is thirsty.
(c) It is dramatic.
(d) He is hot.
15. How does Lanik feel about his mother?
(a) Lanik envies her.
(b) Lanik hates her.
(c) Lanik tolerates her.
(d) Lanik loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
2. What does Lanik realize as he watches the people who make their home in the desert?
3. When Lanik comes to after collapsing in the desert, a young boy is near him. What is the young boy's name?
4. How does the Family first receive regenerative powers?
5. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)