|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
(a) The person is captured.
(b) The person is shot with a bullet.
(c) The person is set on fire.
(d) The person is shot with an arrow.
2. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
(a) Lanik has it smuggled in to him.
(b) Lanik concealed it from the guards.
(c) Lanik takes it from one of the guards.
(d) Lanik finds it on the ground.
3. What do the people in Nkumai eat?
(d) Root vegetables.
4. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
5. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
6. What does the person helping Lanik give him before he departs?
(a) A map.
(c) A dress.
7. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
(b) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
(c) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
(d) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
8. What does transsexual growth indicate?
(a) Superficial regeneration.
(b) Radical regeneration.
(c) Racial regeneration.
(d) Specific regeneration.
9. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
(a) Lanik is stoned.
(b) Lanik is imprisoned.
(c) Lanik is beaten.
(d) Lanik is chastised.
10. Why is Lanik's appearance so unnerving to the slavers?
(a) The slavers are sticklers for neatness.
(b) The slavers are unfamiliar with regeneration.
(c) The slavers are afraid of Lanik's strength.
(d) The slavers are awed by Lanik's strength.
11. What must Lanik do as a result of receiving his gift from the Earth?
(a) Jump off the cliff.
(b) Scale the mountain.
(c) Swim across the lake.
(d) Drink the water.
12. When Lanik comes to after collapsing in the desert, a young boy is near him. What is the young boy's name?
13. How is Lanik treated by his guards?
(a) Lanik is teased.
(b) Lanik is tortured.
(c) Lanik is pitied.
(d) Lanik is revered.
14. When Lanik is returned to his homeland and charged with a number of crimes, what is Lanik's sentence for committing these crimes?
(b) Community restoration.
(d) Life imprisonment.
15. After he reaches the ground, what leaks out of Lanik and falls on the ground?
(a) Part of Lanik's spleen.
(b) Part of Lanik's intestine.
(c) Part of Lanik's stomach.
(d) Part of Lanik's heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the land of Mueller exchange for iron?
2. What do the people of Nkumai do first thing every morning?
3. After Lanik slips into the castle in Mueller, what does Lanik cause to happen?
4. What happens when the guards inform Lanik that his cover has been blown?
5. What people are on the ship that picks up Lanik?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)