|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
(a) Lanik has it smuggled in to him.
(b) Lanik concealed it from the guards.
(c) Lanik takes it from one of the guards.
(d) Lanik finds it on the ground.
2. As a result of his condition, what happens to the main character when he meets with his father?
(a) He is disowned.
(b) He is enslaved.
(c) He is crowned.
(d) He is worshipped.
3. What happens when the group of four enters the forest and then reaches the lake?
(a) They are ambushed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They sleep.
(d) They bathe and play.
4. While in the castle in Mueller, whose throat does Lanik slit?
5. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
(a) The bread is moldy.
(b) The bread is stale.
(c) The bread is old.
(d) The bread is unleavened.
6. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
(a) Old Lady.
7. Why does the forest seem strange to Lanik?
(a) Everything is teeming with life.
(b) The sun is brutally hot.
(c) The night never seems to end.
(d) Everything seems motionless.
8. After receiving a gift from the Earth, what must one do?
(a) Test the gift.
(b) Worship the Earth.
(c) Honor the gift.
(d) Thank the Earth.
9. What do the people in Nkumai eat?
(c) Root vegetables.
10. After Lanik slips into the castle in Mueller, what does Lanik cause to happen?
(b) A flood.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A rebellion.
11. Why does Lanik eventually prepare to leave the desert people?
(a) Lanik misses Saranna.
(b) Lanik is afraid of his new-found powers.
(c) Lanik realizes he is not growing as a person.
(d) Lanik realizes he must return to help his father.
12. How big is the cell on the ship in which Lanik is imprisoned?
(a) Four meters wide.
(b) One meter wide.
(c) Two meters wide.
(d) Three meters wide.
13. In Mueller, Lanik's prison cell visitor takes him to see which person?
14. Who teaches Lanik how to care for his basic needs in the trees?
15. Which wife of Mueller is Lanik's mother?
(a) The first.
(b) The seventh.
(c) The second.
(d) The fourth.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
2. What is the name of the land in which the inhabitants live high in the trees?
3. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
4. How do regenerative powers increase in the Family?
5. What secret does Lanik hold that enables him to make his escape?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)