|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do regenerative powers increase in the Family?
(a) Through dietary restrictions.
(b) Through potions.
(c) Through inbreeding.
(d) Through sorcery.
2. What must Lanik do as a result of receiving his gift from the Earth?
(a) Jump off the cliff.
(b) Drink the water.
(c) Scale the mountain.
(d) Swim across the lake.
3. Who does Lanik meet as he travels to Ku Kuei?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An angry soldier.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A young woman.
4. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
(a) Because those taken above-board walk the plank.
(b) Because those taken above-board are beaten.
(c) Because those taken above-board are deceived.
(d) Because those taken above-board are ridiculed.
5. Who is the protagonist's brother?
6. When Lanik is captured, he claims to be an ambassador. What land does he claim to be from?
7. What land are the slavers from?
(b) Ku Kuei.
8. After escaping the tree city, Lanik passes out. What does Lanik realize when he comes to?
(a) Lanik has a double.
(b) Lanik has been recaptured.
(c) Lanik is losing too much blood.
(d) Lanik is too weak to travel on.
9. Upon arriving in Nkumai, where does the guide take Lanik?
(a) To the home of the elite guard.
(b) To the customs office.
(c) To the guide's home.
(d) To the home of the land's highest official.
10. Why is Lanik's appearance so unnerving to the slavers?
(a) The slavers are unfamiliar with regeneration.
(b) The slavers are awed by Lanik's strength.
(c) The slavers are afraid of Lanik's strength.
(d) The slavers are sticklers for neatness.
11. What happens when the guards inform Lanik that his cover has been blown?
(a) Lanik begs for mercy.
(b) Lanik explains the situation.
(c) Lanik kills the guards.
(d) Lanik joins the rebel forces.
12. What is the currency on the planet?
13. Who is the original settler of Nkumai?
(a) A rebel spy.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A physicist.
(d) An urban planner.
14. What do the people of Nkumai do first thing every morning?
(b) Gather food.
15. What two words describe the people aboard the slave ship?
(a) Cruel and loving.
(b) Cruel and sentimental.
(c) Loving and kind.
(d) Sentimental and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the meat served to Lanik by the slavers?
2. How big is the cell on the ship in which Lanik is imprisoned?
3. What people are on the ship that picks up Lanik?
4. When Lanik is returned to his homeland and charged with a number of crimes, what is Lanik's sentence for committing these crimes?
5. Who is the highest official in Nkumai?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)