|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Lanik hold that enables him to make his escape?
(a) Lanik is a regenerative.
(b) Lanik has loosened the bonds.
(c) Lanik is a magician.
(d) Lanik has bribed the guards.
2. What is the name of the story's protagonist?
3. What is the currency on the planet?
4. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
(d) Old Lady.
5. What is the only way to kill a regenerative?
(a) Stab through the regenerative's heart.
(b) Set the regenerative on fire.
(c) Cut off the regenerative's head.
(d) Cut out the regenerative's heart.
6. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
(d) Ku Kuei.
7. While in the castle in Mueller, whose throat does Lanik slit?
8. What best describes the 'Lanik and Lanik" chapter?
(a) A foreshadowing extravaganza.
(b) An extended chase scene.
(c) An abbreviated history of the planet.
(d) An extended political rant.
9. Who is the highest official in Nkumai?
10. After receiving a gift from the Earth, what must one do?
(a) Test the gift.
(b) Thank the Earth.
(c) Worship the Earth.
(d) Honor the gift.
11. What land are the slavers from?
(b) Ku Kuei.
12. How do the slavers describe Lanik's appearance after Lanik has been aboard the slave ship for a little while?
13. What does Lanik realize as he watches the people who make their home in the desert?
(a) They hide in their homes from the sun.
(b) They never need to eat or drink.
(c) They convert the desert sand into food.
(d) They have secret stores of water.
14. Why is the person Lanik meets afraid, at first, to help him?
(a) There are penalties for aiding and abetting felons.
(b) The person is under surveillance.
(c) There have been robbers in the area.
(d) Lanik looks scruffy and dangerous.
15. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
(a) To float away to safety.
(b) To be rescued by a nearby boat.
(c) To drown.
(d) To land safely on another shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the forest seem strange to Lanik?
2. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
3. What happens when the guards inform Lanik that his cover has been blown?
4. How does Lanik escape from prison?
5. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)