|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the assassination attempt on the main character, where does the main character flee to?
(d) Ku Kuei.
2. Who is the highest official in Nkumai?
3. How does Lanik feel about his mother?
(a) Lanik envies her.
(b) Lanik hates her.
(c) Lanik tolerates her.
(d) Lanik loves her.
4. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
(a) Lanik has it smuggled in to him.
(b) Lanik concealed it from the guards.
(c) Lanik finds it on the ground.
(d) Lanik takes it from one of the guards.
5. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
6. What is the name of the story's protagonist?
7. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
(b) Ku Kuei.
8. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
(b) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
(c) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
(d) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
9. While in the castle in Mueller, whose throat does Lanik slit?
10. What does the land of Mueller exchange for iron?
(b) Extra livestock.
(c) Lion fur.
(d) Extra limbs.
11. How do the slavers describe Lanik's appearance after Lanik has been aboard the slave ship for a little while?
12. What land are the slavers from?
(d) Ku Kuei.
13. As he is making his escape, how does Lanik become wounded?
(a) From an accident.
(b) From a climb.
(c) From a fall.
(d) From a fight.
14. Why is Lanik's appearance so unnerving to the slavers?
(a) The slavers are unfamiliar with regeneration.
(b) The slavers are sticklers for neatness.
(c) The slavers are afraid of Lanik's strength.
(d) The slavers are awed by Lanik's strength.
15. As a result of his condition, what happens to the main character when he meets with his father?
(a) He is crowned.
(b) He is worshipped.
(c) He is disowned.
(d) He is enslaved.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
2. After Lanik slips into the castle in Mueller, what does Lanik cause to happen?
3. What does Lanik demand from the captain of the slave ship?
4. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
5. In Mueller, Lanik's prison cell visitor takes him to see which person?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)