|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the people who live in the desert?
(a) The Schwartzes.
(b) The Allisons.
(c) The Nkumaians.
(d) The Ku Kueians.
2. When Lanik is in his prison cell in Mueller, who comes to visit him?
3. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
(a) Ku Kuei.
4. Who is taking Lanik to Nkumai?
5. While Lanik sleeps in this person's house, who comes looking for Lanik?
(b) The assassin.
6. How does Lanik escape from prison?
(a) Lanik escapes using the parachute.
(b) Lanik escapes using the ladders.
(c) Lanik escapes using the bird nets.
(d) Lanik escapes using the ropes.
7. As a result of his condition, what happens to the main character when he meets with his father?
(a) He is disowned.
(b) He is enslaved.
(c) He is worshipped.
(d) He is crowned.
8. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
(b) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
(c) The captain has never lost his way.
(d) The captain is an expert swordsman.
9. How do regenerative powers increase in the Family?
(a) Through sorcery.
(b) Through potions.
(c) Through inbreeding.
(d) Through dietary restrictions.
10. After escaping the tree city, Lanik passes out. What does Lanik realize when he comes to?
(a) Lanik has a double.
(b) Lanik is losing too much blood.
(c) Lanik is too weak to travel on.
(d) Lanik has been recaptured.
11. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
(a) Because those taken above-board are beaten.
(b) Because those taken above-board are ridiculed.
(c) Because those taken above-board walk the plank.
(d) Because those taken above-board are deceived.
12. As he is making his escape, how does Lanik become wounded?
(a) From a fight.
(b) From a climb.
(c) From an accident.
(d) From a fall.
13. Upon arriving in Nkumai, where does the guide take Lanik?
(a) To the customs office.
(b) To the home of the land's highest official.
(c) To the guide's home.
(d) To the home of the elite guard.
14. Who does the main character refuse to take with him as he flees for his life?
15. What is the name of the story's protagonist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Lanik just before he escapes?
2. What is the currency on the planet?
3. When Lanik comes to after collapsing in the desert, a young boy is near him. What is the young boy's name?
4. After Lanik slips into the castle in Mueller, what does Lanik cause to happen?
5. What does Lanik demand from the captain of the slave ship?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)