Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the castle in Mueller, where does the group of four head to?
(a) Ku Kuei.
2. When Lanik is in his prison cell in Mueller, who comes to visit him?
3. What happens when the group of four enters the forest and then reaches the lake?
(a) They are ambushed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They bathe and play.
(d) They sleep.
4. What are "cruel bonds"?
(a) Ropes covered with sharp glass.
(c) Bamboo laced with glass.
(d) Wire-edged ropes.
5. What does Lanik demand from the captain of the slave ship?
(a) To be freed unconditionally.
(b) To be set ashore on the nearest land.
(c) To be thrown overboard.
(d) To be given edible food.
6. What does the person helping Lanik give him before he departs?
(b) A map.
(d) A dress.
7. Where does Lanik leave the slave ship?
(a) Near Mueller.
(b) Near the worst desert in the world.
(c) In the middle of the ocean.
(d) Near the river by Nkumai.
8. What is the first town that Lanik comes to?
(a) Ku Kueilian.
9. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
(a) It would be beautiful.
(b) It is dramatic.
(c) He is hot.
(d) He is thirsty.
10. After receiving a gift from the Earth, what must one do?
(a) Thank the Earth.
(b) Test the gift.
(c) Honor the gift.
(d) Worship the Earth.
11. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
(a) Old Lady.
12. What is the name of the people who live in the desert?
(a) The Schwartzes.
(b) The Allisons.
(c) The Ku Kueians.
(d) The Nkumaians.
13. Lanik becomes legendary in the land of Sill. What is Lanik known as?
(a) The Three-Armed Man.
(b) The Earth Mover.
(c) The Naked Man.
(d) The Running Man.
14. As a result of his condition, what happens to the main character when he meets with his father?
(a) He is crowned.
(b) He is disowned.
(c) He is enslaved.
(d) He is worshipped.
15. Who visits Lanik just before he escapes?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
2. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
3. After escaping the tree city, Lanik passes out. What does Lanik realize when he comes to?
4. According to Lanik's first conversation with the highest official in the land, what do the Nkumai people sell for iron?
5. After the young boy challenges Lanik to manipulate rock, what is the first thing Lanik asks for?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)