|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Family first receive regenerative powers?
(a) Through genetic engineering experiments.
(b) Through a witch's spell.
(c) Through a prophesied message.
(d) Through a special food.
2. Why does Lanik eventually prepare to leave the desert people?
(a) Lanik is afraid of his new-found powers.
(b) Lanik realizes he is not growing as a person.
(c) Lanik misses Saranna.
(d) Lanik realizes he must return to help his father.
3. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
4. When Lanik is returned to his homeland and charged with a number of crimes, what is Lanik's sentence for committing these crimes?
(c) Community restoration.
(d) Life imprisonment.
5. After the young boy challenges Lanik to manipulate rock, what is the first thing Lanik asks for?
(b) A lake.
(c) A cliff.
(d) A mountain.
6. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
(a) Lanik finds it on the ground.
(b) Lanik has it smuggled in to him.
(c) Lanik concealed it from the guards.
(d) Lanik takes it from one of the guards.
7. What does transsexual growth indicate?
(a) Specific regeneration.
(b) Radical regeneration.
(c) Superficial regeneration.
(d) Racial regeneration.
8. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
(a) Trade him for iron.
(b) Sell his regenerating parts.
(c) Sell him as a sideshow freak.
(d) Kill him.
9. When Lanik is in his prison cell in Mueller, who comes to visit him?
10. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain has never lost his way.
(b) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
(c) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(d) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
11. Who does the main character refuse to take with him as he flees for his life?
12. What does the land of Mueller exchange for iron?
(a) Extra livestock.
(b) Extra limbs.
(d) Lion fur.
13. How big is the cell on the ship in which Lanik is imprisoned?
(a) Three meters wide.
(b) Two meters wide.
(c) One meter wide.
(d) Four meters wide.
14. After the assassination attempt on the main character, where does the main character flee to?
(c) Ku Kuei.
15. What is the name of the old soldier who joins Lanik and his two friends as Lanik prepares to leave Mueller?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Lanik just before he escapes?
2. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
3. What two words describe the people aboard the slave ship?
4. Which wife of Mueller is Lanik's mother?
5. Upon arriving in Nkumai, where does the guide take Lanik?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)