|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
(a) Sell his regenerating parts.
(b) Sell him as a sideshow freak.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Trade him for iron.
2. Who teaches Lanik how to care for his basic needs in the trees?
3. What must Lanik do as a result of receiving his gift from the Earth?
(a) Swim across the lake.
(b) Scale the mountain.
(c) Drink the water.
(d) Jump off the cliff.
4. What is the name of the story's protagonist?
5. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
(b) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
(c) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
(d) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
6. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
(a) The person is shot with an arrow.
(b) The person is set on fire.
(c) The person is shot with a bullet.
(d) The person is captured.
7. What is wrong with the meat served to Lanik by the slavers?
(a) The meat is undercooked.
(b) The meat is grisly.
(c) The meat is maggoty.
(d) The meat is overcooked.
8. After he reaches the ground, what leaks out of Lanik and falls on the ground?
(a) Part of Lanik's stomach.
(b) Part of Lanik's spleen.
(c) Part of Lanik's intestine.
(d) Part of Lanik's heart.
9. What two words describe the people aboard the slave ship?
(a) Loving and kind.
(b) Cruel and sentimental.
(c) Cruel and loving.
(d) Sentimental and kind.
10. Lanik becomes legendary in the land of Sill. What is Lanik known as?
(a) The Three-Armed Man.
(b) The Naked Man.
(c) The Running Man.
(d) The Earth Mover.
11. When Lanik is captured, he claims to be an ambassador. What land does he claim to be from?
12. What are "cruel bonds"?
(a) Wire-edged ropes.
(b) Bamboo laced with glass.
(d) Ropes covered with sharp glass.
13. How does the Family first receive regenerative powers?
(a) Through a witch's spell.
(b) Through a prophesied message.
(c) Through a special food.
(d) Through genetic engineering experiments.
14. Why is the person helping Lanik finally willing to help him?
(a) The person helping Lanik is a loyal citizen.
(b) The person helping Lanik has no love for the king.
(c) The person helping Lanik is a rebel spy.
(d) The person helping Lanik has also been wrongfully accused.
15. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
(b) Old Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does transsexual growth indicate?
2. After the young boy challenges Lanik to manipulate rock, what is the first thing Lanik asks for?
3. When Lanik comes to after collapsing in the desert, a young boy is near him. What is the young boy's name?
4. What land are the slavers from?
5. Who is taking Lanik to Nkumai?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)