|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
(b) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
(c) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
(d) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
2. Who does Lanik meet as he travels to Ku Kuei?
(a) A young woman.
(b) An angry soldier.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A young boy.
3. Why does the forest seem strange to Lanik?
(a) Everything is teeming with life.
(b) Everything seems motionless.
(c) The night never seems to end.
(d) The sun is brutally hot.
4. What happens at least twice a day in Nkumai?
(a) It gets foggy.
(b) The people descend to find food.
(c) The sun burns the leaves.
(d) It rains.
5. What do the people of Nkumai do first thing every morning?
(c) Gather food.
6. Where does Lanik leave the slave ship?
(a) In the middle of the ocean.
(b) Near the river by Nkumai.
(c) Near Mueller.
(d) Near the worst desert in the world.
7. How does Lanik escape from prison?
(a) Lanik escapes using the ropes.
(b) Lanik escapes using the ladders.
(c) Lanik escapes using the bird nets.
(d) Lanik escapes using the parachute.
8. What does the person helping Lanik give him before he departs?
(b) A dress.
(d) A map.
9. What secret does Lanik hold that enables him to make his escape?
(a) Lanik is a magician.
(b) Lanik is a regenerative.
(c) Lanik has bribed the guards.
(d) Lanik has loosened the bonds.
10. How does the Family first receive regenerative powers?
(a) Through genetic engineering experiments.
(b) Through a witch's spell.
(c) Through a special food.
(d) Through a prophesied message.
11. What does Lanik demand from the captain of the slave ship?
(a) To be thrown overboard.
(b) To be set ashore on the nearest land.
(c) To be given edible food.
(d) To be freed unconditionally.
12. What best describes the 'Lanik and Lanik" chapter?
(a) An extended chase scene.
(b) A foreshadowing extravaganza.
(c) An extended political rant.
(d) An abbreviated history of the planet.
13. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
14. What is the name of the land in which the inhabitants live high in the trees?
(a) Ku Kuei.
15. What are "cruel bonds"?
(a) Bamboo laced with glass.
(b) Wire-edged ropes.
(d) Ropes covered with sharp glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the highest official in Nkumai?
2. How does Lanik feel about his mother?
3. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
4. As the group of four leaves Mueller, what does the old soldier take with him?
5. After he reaches the ground, what leaks out of Lanik and falls on the ground?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)