|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lanik eventually prepare to leave the desert people?
(a) Lanik realizes he is not growing as a person.
(b) Lanik realizes he must return to help his father.
(c) Lanik misses Saranna.
(d) Lanik is afraid of his new-found powers.
2. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
(b) The captain has never lost his way.
(c) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(d) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
3. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
(a) The bread is unleavened.
(b) The bread is old.
(c) The bread is stale.
(d) The bread is moldy.
4. Who is the protagonist's brother?
5. When Lanik is captured, he claims to be an ambassador. What land does he claim to be from?
6. What people are on the ship that picks up Lanik?
7. Who does Lanik meet as he travels to Ku Kuei?
(a) An angry soldier.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An old lady.
8. What best describes the 'Lanik and Lanik" chapter?
(a) An abbreviated history of the planet.
(b) A foreshadowing extravaganza.
(c) An extended chase scene.
(d) An extended political rant.
9. What does Lanik realize as he watches the people who make their home in the desert?
(a) They have secret stores of water.
(b) They never need to eat or drink.
(c) They hide in their homes from the sun.
(d) They convert the desert sand into food.
10. What secret does Lanik hold that enables him to make his escape?
(a) Lanik is a magician.
(b) Lanik has loosened the bonds.
(c) Lanik is a regenerative.
(d) Lanik has bribed the guards.
11. When Lanik is returned to his homeland and charged with a number of crimes, what is Lanik's sentence for committing these crimes?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(c) Community restoration.
12. What is the name of the story's protagonist?
13. As the story opens, what condition is the main character facing?
(a) Radical regeneration.
(b) Specific regeneration.
(c) Racial regeneration.
(d) Superficial regeneration.
14. What does the person helping Lanik give him before he departs?
(b) A map.
(c) A dress.
15. Why is the person helping Lanik finally willing to help him?
(a) The person helping Lanik is a rebel spy.
(b) The person helping Lanik is a loyal citizen.
(c) The person helping Lanik has no love for the king.
(d) The person helping Lanik has also been wrongfully accused.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of his condition, what happens to the main character when he meets with his father?
2. Who is taking Lanik to Nkumai?
3. What is the name of the old soldier who joins Lanik and his two friends as Lanik prepares to leave Mueller?
4. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
5. How do regenerative powers increase in the Family?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)