Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the process of giving someone "grief."
The grieving ritual consists of stabbing and bleeding oneself as a way of expressing grief over the events that have happened to another. There is always great pain involved with grief, but there is always the promise of regeneration.
2. Describe Dinte's character.
Dinte is the second son, and the newly appointed heir of Mueller. However, Dinte is a young man without many merits.
3. What does Father ask Lanik to discover as part of his new role?
Father asks Lanik to discover how the people of Nkumai get all of their iron, and what they are selling to the Ambassador.
4. What is unique about a radical regenerative?
A radical regenerative cannot control growths on the body, and also experience transsexual growth.
5. Why does Lanik flee to Ku Kuei?
Lanik flees to Ku Kuei because it is a forest of dread with a reputation for killing anyone who goes in there. He also doesn't expect to be followed into the forest.
This section contains 2,012 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)