|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Humping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lanik treated by his guards?
(a) Lanik is pitied.
(b) Lanik is teased.
(c) Lanik is revered.
(d) Lanik is tortured.
2. Why does Lanik ask for this particular thing after being challenged by the young boy?
(a) It is dramatic.
(b) He is hot.
(c) It would be beautiful.
(d) He is thirsty.
3. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
(a) Lanik has it smuggled in to him.
(b) Lanik concealed it from the guards.
(c) Lanik takes it from one of the guards.
(d) Lanik finds it on the ground.
4. What does the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson try to do?
(a) Capture Lanik.
(b) Hurt Lanik.
(c) Love Lanik.
(d) Kill Lanik.
5. Why does Lanik eventually prepare to leave the desert people?
(a) Lanik realizes he must return to help his father.
(b) Lanik realizes he is not growing as a person.
(c) Lanik misses Saranna.
(d) Lanik is afraid of his new-found powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson, how does this person make a living?
2. What are "cruel bonds"?
3. As Lanik prepares to leave Ku Kuei, how is he treated by the inhabitants of the land?
4. Who is the lord's servant, really?
5. Who does the main character refuse to take with him as he flees for his life?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)