|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anderson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Nkumai do first thing every morning?
(c) Gather food.
2. What is wrong with the meat served to Lanik by the slavers?
(a) The meat is maggoty.
(b) The meat is undercooked.
(c) The meat is overcooked.
(d) The meat is grisly.
3. After leaving Jones in a hurry for fear of being caught by Mwabao, where does Lanik head?
(c) Ku Kuei.
4. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(b) The captain has never lost his way.
(c) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
(d) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
5. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That Lanik has a soul.
(b) That no death is deserved.
(c) That Lanik is in control.
(d) That justice always prevails.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the conversation between the Jones innkeeper and Lanik, who is the power behind the king?
2. Why does Lanik eventually prepare to leave the desert people?
3. Where are the great illusionists and deceivers from?
4. What nickname does Lanik use for his mother?
5. What word best describes Gill?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)