|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Britton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Ku Kuei teach Lanik how to do?
(a) Read minds.
(b) Forage for food.
(c) Live in the trees.
(d) Alter time.
2. How does Lanik feel about his mother?
(a) Lanik tolerates her.
(b) Lanik envies her.
(c) Lanik loves her.
(d) Lanik hates her.
3. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
(a) Because those taken above-board are ridiculed.
(b) Because those taken above-board walk the plank.
(c) Because those taken above-board are beaten.
(d) Because those taken above-board are deceived.
4. After telling Lanik the source of their iron sales, what does the highest official in the land demand from Lanik?
(a) A percentage of Lanik's food stores.
(b) Sexual favors.
(c) An information exchange.
(d) Monetary compensation.
5. As the innkeeper in Jones and Lanik talk, the innkeeper learns from Lanik's speech pattern that Lanik is educated. What does the innkeeper realize that Lanik's education means?
(a) Lanik has also fallen from a high station.
(b) Lanik has been working for the king.
(c) Lanik has been educated in Nkumai.
(d) Lanik has been run out by the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lord in Britton reveal about Lanik's brother?
2. What is the result of Saranna's learning the Ku Kuei's secret?
3. According to the conversation between the Jones innkeeper and Lanik, who is the power behind the king?
4. What does Lanik do in the forest to bring the inhabitants out of hiding?
5. Who visits Lanik just before he escapes?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)