|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ensel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
(a) To float away to safety.
(b) To drown.
(c) To be rescued by a nearby boat.
(d) To land safely on another shore.
2. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Sell him as a sideshow freak.
(c) Sell his regenerating parts.
(d) Trade him for iron.
3. As a result of his condition, what happens to the main character when he meets with his father?
(a) He is enslaved.
(b) He is disowned.
(c) He is worshipped.
(d) He is crowned.
4. What happens when the group of four enters the forest and then reaches the lake?
(a) They are ambushed.
(b) They sleep.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They bathe and play.
5. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
(a) Because those taken above-board are ridiculed.
(b) Because those taken above-board walk the plank.
(c) Because those taken above-board are deceived.
(d) Because those taken above-board are beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the person taking Lanik to Nkumai, how many ambassadors are in Nkumai?
2. What is the name of the old soldier who joins Lanik and his two friends as Lanik prepares to leave Mueller?
3. In Mueller, Lanik's prison cell visitor takes him to see which person?
4. Why does the forest seem strange to Lanik?
5. After the assassination attempt on the main character, where does the main character flee to?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)