|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Schwartz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
(a) Because those taken above-board walk the plank.
(b) Because those taken above-board are ridiculed.
(c) Because those taken above-board are beaten.
(d) Because those taken above-board are deceived.
2. After escaping the tree city, Lanik passes out. What does Lanik realize when he comes to?
(a) Lanik is too weak to travel on.
(b) Lanik has a double.
(c) Lanik has been recaptured.
(d) Lanik is losing too much blood.
3. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
(a) To land safely on another shore.
(b) To be rescued by a nearby boat.
(c) To float away to safety.
(d) To drown.
4. Upon arriving in Nkumai, where does the guide take Lanik?
(a) To the guide's home.
(b) To the home of the land's highest official.
(c) To the customs office.
(d) To the home of the elite guard.
5. As Lanik travels away from the desert people, he requests clothes and is asked his name. What happens when Lanik tells people who he is?
(a) Lanik is beaten.
(b) Lanik is imprisoned.
(c) Lanik is chastised.
(d) Lanik is stoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Lanik the source of their iron sales, what does the highest official in the land demand from Lanik?
2. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
3. Who does Lanik meet as he travels to Ku Kuei?
4. What secret does Lanik hold that enables him to make his escape?
5. Of the currency tendered on the planet, what is the most valuable form of currency?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)