|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Schwartz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lanik's first conversation with the highest official in the land, what do the Nkumai people sell for iron?
(a) The smells of the swamp.
(b) Vessels carved from wood.
(c) Rare tree bark.
(d) Freshly caught rain water.
2. What happens at least twice a day in Nkumai?
(a) The sun burns the leaves.
(b) It rains.
(c) It gets foggy.
(d) The people descend to find food.
3. Why is the person Lanik meets afraid, at first, to help him?
(a) Lanik looks scruffy and dangerous.
(b) There have been robbers in the area.
(c) The person is under surveillance.
(d) There are penalties for aiding and abetting felons.
4. What do the people in Nkumai eat?
(c) Root vegetables.
5. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
(b) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
(c) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
(d) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
2. How do regenerative powers increase in the Family?
3. How does the Family first receive regenerative powers?
4. Why does the forest seem strange to Lanik?
5. After telling Lanik the source of their iron sales, what does the highest official in the land demand from Lanik?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)