|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nkumai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lanik's first conversation with the highest official in the land, what do the Nkumai people sell for iron?
(a) The smells of the swamp.
(b) Vessels carved from wood.
(c) Rare tree bark.
(d) Freshly caught rain water.
2. Who is the original settler of Nkumai?
(a) An urban planner.
(b) A physicist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A rebel spy.
3. When Lanik is captured, he claims to be an ambassador. What land does he claim to be from?
4. After telling Lanik the source of their iron sales, what does the highest official in the land demand from Lanik?
(a) An information exchange.
(b) Sexual favors.
(c) A percentage of Lanik's food stores.
(d) Monetary compensation.
5. How does the Family first receive regenerative powers?
(a) Through genetic engineering experiments.
(b) Through a witch's spell.
(c) Through a special food.
(d) Through a prophesied message.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do regenerative powers increase in the Family?
2. After the assassination attempt on the main character, where does the main character flee to?
3. As the story opens, what condition is the main character facing?
4. Of the currency tendered on the planet, what is the most valuable form of currency?
5. Who is the protagonist's brother?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)