|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nkumai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Nkumai do first thing every morning?
(b) Gather food.
2. According to Lanik's first conversation with the highest official in the land, what do the Nkumai people sell for iron?
(a) Vessels carved from wood.
(b) The smells of the swamp.
(c) Rare tree bark.
(d) Freshly caught rain water.
3. How does the Family first receive regenerative powers?
(a) Through a witch's spell.
(b) Through a special food.
(c) Through genetic engineering experiments.
(d) Through a prophesied message.
4. What does transsexual growth indicate?
(a) Specific regeneration.
(b) Superficial regeneration.
(c) Racial regeneration.
(d) Radical regeneration.
5. After telling Lanik the source of their iron sales, what does the highest official in the land demand from Lanik?
(a) A percentage of Lanik's food stores.
(b) An information exchange.
(c) Monetary compensation.
(d) Sexual favors.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the story opens, what condition is the main character facing?
2. How do regenerative powers increase in the Family?
3. What is the currency on the planet?
4. What happens when the guards inform Lanik that his cover has been blown?
5. What does the land of Mueller exchange for iron?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)