|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monster.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person Lanik meets afraid, at first, to help him?
(a) The person is under surveillance.
(b) There are penalties for aiding and abetting felons.
(c) Lanik looks scruffy and dangerous.
(d) There have been robbers in the area.
2. Who visits Lanik just before he escapes?
3. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
(b) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
(c) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
(d) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
4. Why do the crew members try to discourage Lanik from demanding to go above-board?
(a) Because those taken above-board are ridiculed.
(b) Because those taken above-board walk the plank.
(c) Because those taken above-board are deceived.
(d) Because those taken above-board are beaten.
5. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
(a) Trade him for iron.
(b) Sell him as a sideshow freak.
(c) Sell his regenerating parts.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Lanik how to care for his basic needs in the trees?
2. Who is taking Lanik to Nkumai?
3. What is wrong with the meat served to Lanik by the slavers?
4. Who is the original settler of Nkumai?
5. Who does Lanik meet as he travels to Ku Kuei?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)