|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monster.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words describe the people aboard the slave ship?
(a) Cruel and loving.
(b) Cruel and sentimental.
(c) Sentimental and kind.
(d) Loving and kind.
2. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(b) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
(c) The captain has never lost his way.
(d) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
3. Why is the person Lanik meets afraid, at first, to help him?
(a) There have been robbers in the area.
(b) Lanik looks scruffy and dangerous.
(c) There are penalties for aiding and abetting felons.
(d) The person is under surveillance.
4. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
(b) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
(c) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
(d) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
5. After telling Lanik the source of their iron sales, what does the highest official in the land demand from Lanik?
(a) A percentage of Lanik's food stores.
(b) Sexual favors.
(c) An information exchange.
(d) Monetary compensation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
2. Who is the protagonist's brother?
3. Of the currency tendered on the planet, what is the most valuable form of currency?
4. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
5. As he is making his escape, how does Lanik become wounded?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)