|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the captain of the slave ship?
(a) The captain is an expert swordsman.
(b) The captain has never lost his way.
(c) The captain can settle all sorts of fights.
(d) The captain always delivers his prisoners.
2. How big is the cell on the ship in which Lanik is imprisoned?
(a) Four meters wide.
(b) One meter wide.
(c) Three meters wide.
(d) Two meters wide.
3. What is the name of the innkeeper in Jones?
(a) Bill Underallison.
(b) Bill Underjones.
(c) Bill Underkukei.
(d) Bill Undergill.
4. After leaving Jones in a hurry for fear of being caught by Mwabao, where does Lanik head?
(a) Ku Kuei.
5. As the innkeeper in Jones and Lanik talk, the innkeeper learns from Lanik's speech pattern that Lanik is educated. What does the innkeeper realize that Lanik's education means?
(a) Lanik has also fallen from a high station.
(b) Lanik has been educated in Nkumai.
(c) Lanik has been run out by the king.
(d) Lanik has been working for the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the bread served to Lanik by the slavers?
2. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
3. What does the person helping Lanik give him before he departs?
4. According to what Lanik learns from his visitor, who rules Mueller?
5. When Mwabao recognizes Lanik, what does Lanik see in her eyes?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)