|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lanik demand to be taken above-board on the slave ship?
(a) Because Lanik wants to face his captors.
(b) Because Lanik needs to see the sun.
(c) Because the other prisoners get to go above-board.
(d) Because Lanik wants to offer the captain a bribe.
2. Before becoming the innkeeper in Jones, this character is who?
(a) The King of Nkumai.
(b) The Prince of Allison.
(c) The Lord of Ku Kuei.
(d) The Duke of Forestedge.
3. What are "cruel bonds"?
(a) Wire-edged ropes.
(c) Bamboo laced with glass.
(d) Ropes covered with sharp glass.
4. Why does the forest seem strange to Lanik?
(a) The night never seems to end.
(b) The sun is brutally hot.
(c) Everything seems motionless.
(d) Everything is teeming with life.
5. Why is Lanik's appearance so unnerving to the slavers?
(a) The slavers are sticklers for neatness.
(b) The slavers are awed by Lanik's strength.
(c) The slavers are unfamiliar with regeneration.
(d) The slavers are afraid of Lanik's strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Jones innkeeper, what is being stockpiled in Huss?
2. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
3. What happens to the person helping Lanik just as Lanik is preparing to leave?
4. As the group of four leaves Mueller, what does the old soldier take with him?
5. Where does Lanik leave the slave ship?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)