|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anderson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
(a) To be rescued by a nearby boat.
(b) To float away to safety.
(c) To drown.
(d) To land safely on another shore.
2. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That Lanik is in control.
(b) That justice always prevails.
(c) That Lanik has a soul.
(d) That no death is deserved.
3. What is so strange about Ku Kuei?
(a) The birds do not sing.
(b) The ground does not dry.
(c) The sun does not go down.
(d) The sunlight does not filter through the leaves.
4. How does Lanik get the knife he uses during his escape?
(a) Lanik has it smuggled in to him.
(b) Lanik concealed it from the guards.
(c) Lanik finds it on the ground.
(d) Lanik takes it from one of the guards.
5. What is Lanik's attacker planning to use to kill Lanik?
(a) A sword.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he prepares to leave Ku Kuei, who must Lanik leave behind?
2. After escaping the tree city, Lanik passes out. What does Lanik realize when he comes to?
3. What does Lanik do in the forest to bring the inhabitants out of hiding?
4. What do the Ku Kuei love to do?
5. How does Lanik escape from prison?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)