|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anderson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lanik feels the pain associated with killing his attacker, what does he realize about himself that he never believed before?
(a) That no death is deserved.
(b) That Lanik has a soul.
(c) That Lanik is in control.
(d) That justice always prevails.
2. What are "cruel bonds"?
(a) Ropes covered with sharp glass.
(c) Wire-edged ropes.
(d) Bamboo laced with glass.
3. After the illusion takes place, what does the stranger on the beach offer to do for Lanik?
(a) Answer his questions.
(b) Splint his leg.
(c) Guide his travels.
(d) Wash his clothes.
4. When Lanik is attacked after being awakened in the night, what does Lanik do to his attacker?
(a) Breaks all of the attacker's fingers.
(b) Slits the attacker's throat.
(c) Throws a chair through the window to escape.
(d) Escapes in quicktime.
5. According to the person who meets Lanik on the beach near Anderson, how does this person make a living?
(a) Selling clothing.
(b) Raising cattle.
(c) Selling fish.
(d) Raising sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so strange about Ku Kuei?
2. What do the Ku Kuei look like?
3. What do the boat owners decide to do with Lanik?
4. When Lanik flings himself into the ocean, what does he hope for?
5. How does Lanik escape from prison?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)