|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Adrian scare off the hunter who had been lurking around the cabin?
(a) He threatened him.
(b) He confronted him.
(c) He shot at him.
(d) He toppled snow on him.
2. What caught fire in the cabin?
(a) The dining room table.
(b) The chimney.
(c) The stove.
(d) The window curtains.
3. What was Adrian concerned about as the temperature began to fluctuate?
(a) They wouldn't be able to attract animals any more.
(b) The bears would wake from hibernation and threaten their food supply.
(c) The toboggan wouldn't float on the snow any more.
(d) Heavier snow would cave in the roof.
4. Which is NOT one of the Hoovers' chickens?
(b) Crown Prince.
5. The Hoovers supplemented their food supply with ______________.
(c) Trapping squirrels.
(d) Edible plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What collapsed under the snow in Chapter 5, "Snow Scene"?
2. What did Helen and Adrian Hoover use Helen's check for when it came from the magazine?
3. How long did Helen and Adrian Hoover spend fighting the fire?
4. What became popular at the local gift shop?
5. When was Adrian looking for his razor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes did Helen notice in animal behavior when spring came?
2. Who was Blondie?
3. What was the Hoovers' first source of income from the cabin?
4. How did the warmer temperatures change Helen and Adrian Hoover's routines?
5. How did Adrian's notepaper fare at the gift store?
6. How did Helen and Adrian put out the fire in the workshop?
7. What was the benefit of the structure Adrian built?
8. Why did the chickens end up in the cabin with Helen and Adrian?
9. What did the Hoovers do when they got their mimeograph?
10. What realization did Helen come to after the workshop burned?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)