|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change in animal behavior did Helen notice in the beginning of Section II of Chapter 6, "Time of Thawing"?
(a) Nesting birds.
(b) Departing migratory birds.
(c) Dying insects.
(d) Hibernating mammals.
2. Who showed up after Helen and Adrian Hoover put out the fire?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Someone from the weather service.
3. What did the Hoovers realize as a result of the fire?
(a) They had lost everything.
(b) They missed the city.
(c) They could never go back to the city now.
(d) They did not need electricity.
4. What did Helen and Adrian Hoover do about the incident?
(a) Spent hours cleaning up.
(b) Phoned a contractor.
(c) Called the ambulance.
5. What did Helen say would let a poor family eat cheaply?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Blondie find in Chapter 5, "Snow Scene"?
2. When was Adrian looking for his razor?
3. What windfall did Helen and Adrian Hoover get at the beginning of spring?
4. Who was Blondie?
5. What did Adrian unleash when he was working on the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Hoovers try to get animals close to the cabin?
2. What happened when the chicks outgrew their tub?
3. How did Adrian's notepaper fare at the gift store?
4. What was Helen's relationship with the locals like?
5. What happened when Adrian went up to remove snow and ice from the roof?
6. Why did the chickens end up in the cabin with Helen and Adrian?
7. How did the Hoovers come to stock up on groceries?
8. How did the warmer temperatures change Helen and Adrian Hoover's routines?
9. How did Helen and Adrian put out the fire in the workshop?
10. What did Adrian do while Helen was creating a mailing list based on responses to the advertisements?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)