|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise did Helen get when she looked at her finances?
(a) They were deep in debt.
(b) There was a lot less than she expected.
(c) Their expenses through the winter had used all their savings.
(d) They had more left over than she expected.
2. How did Helen suggest they could make a living?
(a) Real estate scams.
(b) Writing for magazines.
3. Where did the domesticated animal sleep when it came indoors?
(a) Beneath the bed.
(b) Under the sink.
(c) In bed.
(d) In the begonia pot.
4. What secondary benefit did Adrian's building project have?
(a) It sheltered the entryway.
(b) It insulated one side of the house.
(c) It supported the house.
(d) It would help them carry heavy loads in the snow.
5. In the winter, what did Adrian make some money doing?
(a) Delivering mail.
(b) Writing advertisements.
(d) Repairing cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adrian say was the likely cause of the fire?
2. What did Helen order with her mimeograph?
3. What animal came to the food Helen and Adrian Hoover left out?
4. How much did the Hoovers' food order weigh?
5. What did the visitor want?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Blondie?
2. Why did the chickens end up in the cabin with Helen and Adrian?
3. How did Helen find she had oriented herself in time?
4. What happened when Adrian went up to remove snow and ice from the roof?
5. What realization did Helen come to after the workshop burned?
6. What did the FBI want when they came to see the Hoovers?
7. How did the Hoovers come to stock up on groceries?
8. What was Helen alarmed by after the workshop fire was put out?
9. Describe the scene Helen and Adrian Hoover witnessed with the ermine and the jays.
10. What was the old life the Hoovers left behind?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)