|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Jacques Plessis not been able to find?
(a) The road.
(b) His car.
(c) His car keys.
(d) The trail back to town.
2. Where did the Hoovers spend the night after the accident?
(a) With the Petersons.
(b) At home.
(c) With the Larimers.
(d) With the Andersons.
3. What did Helen nearly upset in the basement?
(a) A mouse's nest.
(b) A tin of matches.
(c) Jars of sulfuric acid.
(d) A prop for the floor above.
4. Who were Sven and Hilda Peterson?
(a) Adrian's bosses.
(b) Helen's cousins.
(c) Owners of the land Helen and Adrian Hoover wanted to buy.
(d) Proprietors of a lodge.
5. What did Helen and Adrian Hoover use to cool down their stove when it was overheating?
(b) A fire extinguisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Hoovers use after their air-tight stove nearly melted?
2. What did the Hoovers do when the Larimers refused their request?
3. What position were the Hoovers in with regard to insurance after the accident?
4. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover nearly asphyxiate themselves in the cabin?
5. What did Adrian say he would use as a freezer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first cabin the Hoovers bought.
2. How was Helen inspired by Jacques Plessis?
3. How did the Hoovers practically asphyxiate themselves?
4. What happened to Adrian in the accident?
5. What was the damage to the Hoovers' car?
6. What did the psychiatrist tell Helen?
7. Describe how Helen and Adrian Hoover got the oil drum to the house.
8. What surprised Helen when she and Adrian went to town?
9. What happened to the cabin during the rainstorm?
10. What opportunity did the Hoovers see in the basement?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)