|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month was it when Helen and Adrian Hoover discovered this news about the retirement check?
2. What was Helen impressed by after the accident?
(a) How much damage resulted from the crash.
(b) How the locals rallied around her and Adrian.
(c) How little damage there was.
(d) How angry the other driver got.
3. What were conditions like when Helen and Adrian Hoover returned to the cabin after the storm?
4. What position were the Hoovers in with regard to insurance after the accident?
(a) They are covered.
(b) The other driver's insurance will cover repairs.
(c) They have to pay for repairs.
(d) They are covered after paying a $500 deductible.
5. What was Sven's recommendation after the storm?
(a) To get professional assistance.
(b) To move out.
(c) To move to another place.
(d) To give the place up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adrian wheel into the icehouse?
2. Where did the Hoovers dine after returning to the cabin?
3. Helen asked her boss for _____________after Adrian's operation.
4. What did Helen feel about living in the cabin when Adrian went to get the mail at the end of Section 4 "...And its aftermath"?
5. Helen's boss send her to speak to ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hilda and Sven say when they left for the season?
2. What surprised Helen when she and Adrian went to town?
3. What stress did the moving truck present Helen and Adrian Hoover with?
4. What was Helen's experience with the squirrels?
5. How did the Hoovers stay warm through the winter?
6. What animal visitor did Helen and Adrian Hoover have in the basement?
7. What happened to the cabin during the rainstorm?
8. How was Helen inspired by Jacques Plessis?
9. What modification did Adrian make to the log roller?
10. What was Adrian's plan for making money, and what happened to his plan?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)