|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Helen Hoover's job?
(a) Metallurgy researcher.
2. Adrian planned to buy wood from ____________.
(a) John Anderson.
(c) The Larimers.
(d) Workers who had been widening the road.
3. Who was Jacques Plessis?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A trapper.
4. Where did the Hoovers spend the night after the accident?
(a) With the Andersons.
(b) With the Petersons.
(c) With the Larimers.
(d) At home.
5. Who expressed skepticism that Helen's plan would benefit Adrian?
(a) Helen's boss.
(d) The psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What created the jarring sensation Helen felt during the rainstorm?
2. What did the Hoovers use after their air-tight stove nearly melted?
3. What position was Helen in after the accident?
4. Helen's boss send her to speak to ______________.
5. What did Hilda bring to Helen and Adrian Hoover when they moved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first cabin the Hoovers bought.
2. What happened to give the Hoovers an excuse to spend a long time in the cabin?
3. What happened to the lawsuit from George Wilson?
4. What was Helen's experience with the squirrels?
5. How did the Hoovers practically asphyxiate themselves?
6. What animal visitor did Helen and Adrian Hoover have in the basement?
7. What happened to the cabin during the rainstorm?
8. What events surrounded the Hoovers' decision to stay in the cabin?
9. What was the damage to the Hoovers' car?
10. What happened to Helen in the car accident?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)