|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen say she had always wanted to do?
(a) Have a baby.
(b) Write about nature.
(c) Move to the country.
(d) Live in a city.
2. Who was Carl Johnson?
(a) A local fisherman.
(b) A photographer.
(c) The owner of the land Helen and Adrian Hoover wanted to buy.
(d) A forest ranger.
3. What state was the other driver in after the accident?
(a) Near panic.
(c) Calm composure.
4. What did the Hoovers do when the Larimers refused their request?
(a) Bought their property.
(b) Did the work themselves.
(d) Built another cabin.
5. What did Helen and Adrian Hoover try to get rid of by opening the windows?
(a) Smoke from their fire.
(b) The smell of mildew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helen's boss send her to speak to ______________.
2. What did the Hoovers ask the Larimers?
3. How much money did the Hoovers have, total, after the accident?
4. What did Jacques Plessis offer the Hoovers?
5. What was Helen Hoover's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What modification did Adrian make to the log roller?
2. What were the Hoovers' positions before the moved to the cabin?
3. Describe the mice the Hoovers found.
4. What was Adrian's plan for making money, and what happened to his plan?
5. What was Helen's experience with the squirrels?
6. What was the damage to the Hoovers' car?
7. What opportunity did the Hoovers see in the basement?
8. Who was Jacques Plessis, and what did the Hoovers do for him?
9. What surprised Helen when she and Adrian went to town?
10. What happened to Adrian in the accident?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)