|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Helen's initial leave for?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) A year.
2. Helen's boss send her to speak to ______________.
(a) A friend of his.
(b) A real estate broker.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A home health aide company.
3. Helen asked her boss for _____________after Adrian's operation.
(a) A raise.
(b) A home health aide.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A year off.
4. What physical state was Jacques Plessis in when he found the Hoovers' cabin?
5. What did Adrian tell Helen about the large cabin when they were trying to conserve wood?
(a) One room was insulated.
(b) It was infested with mice.
(c) It isn't insulated.
(d) The stove there doesn't work.
6. When did Helen have to return to work?
(a) Next spring.
(b) Before winter.
(c) Next summer.
(d) Whenever she feels like returning.
7. What did John Anderson assure Helen and Adrian Hoover he would do?
(a) Divert the rainwater away from the house.
(b) Put in a well.
(c) Purify their water supply.
(d) Repair the cabin.
8. What did Helen say she had always wanted to do?
(a) Write about nature.
(b) Live in a city.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Move to the country.
9. What was Adrian's plan for making money?
(a) Working in advertising.
(b) Selling his investments.
(c) Working on the road building crew.
(d) Selling the larger cabin.
10. What was the liquid which Adrian thought was oil?
11. What accident did Helen and Adrian Hoover almost have on the way to get wood?
(a) They nearly lost the trailer.
(b) They nearly drove off the road.
(c) They nearly hit a deer.
(d) They nearly collided with a construction vehicle.
12. What did Helen watch after the wood loading was finished?
(a) A bear.
13. What was the driver of the other car afraid of?
(a) Being sent to jail.
(b) Embarrassing himself.
(c) Having hurt anyone.
(d) Not being able to afford repairs.
14. How much money did the Hoovers have, total, after the accident?
15. What was Helen afraid of when she heard that George Wilson was suing her and Adrian?
(a) Having to appear in court.
(b) Having to travel to town for legal proceedings.
(c) Losing their property.
(d) Having to pay a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Adrian's diagnosis?
2. What was Helen and Adrian Hoover's response to George Wilson's suit?
3. What created the jarring sensation Helen felt during the rainstorm?
4. What had Jacques Plessis not been able to find?
5. What motivated Helen to suggest her plan?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)