|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacques Plessis offer the Hoovers?
(a) Help if his tip does not pan out.
(b) Money for their help.
(c) Assistance if he can ever offer it.
(d) Free firewood for their help.
2. What did Adrian tell Helen about the large cabin when they were trying to conserve wood?
(a) The stove there doesn't work.
(b) One room was insulated.
(c) It isn't insulated.
(d) It was infested with mice.
3. Where would Helen and Adrian Hoover have to winter?
(a) In the log cabin.
(b) In the Larimers' cabin.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) In the larger cabin.
4. What was Sven's recommendation after the storm?
(a) To give the place up.
(b) To move to another place.
(c) To move out.
(d) To get professional assistance.
5. What did the Hoovers ask the Larimers?
(a) To do some work on their cabin.
(b) To help them with their housework.
(c) To celebrate their housewarming.
(d) To rent their cabin.
6. What are Helen and Adrian Hoover surprised by when the moving truck arrives?
(a) The amount of furniture they have.
(b) How quickly everything was put away.
(c) The cost.
(d) How unnecessary their things are here.
7. What was the liquid which Adrian thought was oil?
8. What was Adrian's plan for making money?
(a) Working in advertising.
(b) Selling his investments.
(c) Selling the larger cabin.
(d) Working on the road building crew.
9. What was it about Helen's retirement check that had Helen and Adrian Hoover nervous?
(a) The check isn't coming.
(b) The check was less than they expected.
(c) The check will be delayed.
(d) The money was already spent when it came.
10. What did the Petersons give Helen and Adrian Hoover?
(a) Their spare car.
(d) Advice about wintering in the cabin.
11. What did Adrian suggest they do until they could get an oil stove?
(a) Exercise to keep warm.
(b) Move back to Chicago.
(c) Use wood.
(d) Bundle up.
12. What did Helen watch after the wood loading was finished?
(b) A bear.
13. What did the Hoovers use after their air-tight stove nearly melted?
(a) Propane heaters.
(b) A log roller.
(d) Electric heaters.
14. How much money did the Hoovers have, total, after the accident?
15. Who was Carl Johnson?
(a) A photographer.
(b) A local fisherman.
(c) A forest ranger.
(d) The owner of the land Helen and Adrian Hoover wanted to buy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen find when she woke from her nap after the accident?
2. What state was the other driver in after the accident?
3. What will the Hoovers be giving up when they move to the cabin?
4. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover feel after trying to work in the same space?
5. What did Helen say she had always wanted to do?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)