|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, A Beginning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helen's attempts to socialize with the locals tend to go?
(a) She made several good friends.
(b) She always said the wrong thing.
(c) She repeatedly had confrontations.
(d) She slowly gained their confidence and sympathy.
2. What did the psychiatrist say isolation would do for Adrian?
(a) Free him from pathogens.
(b) Let him sleep.
(c) Let him relax outside the city.
(d) Give him courage to return to his work.
3. What did John Anderson assure Helen and Adrian Hoover he would do?
(a) Divert the rainwater away from the house.
(b) Purify their water supply.
(c) Repair the cabin.
(d) Put in a well.
4. What was Helen afraid of when she heard that George Wilson was suing her and Adrian?
(a) Having to appear in court.
(b) Losing their property.
(c) Having to pay a lawyer.
(d) Having to travel to town for legal proceedings.
5. What was Helen and Adrian Hoover's response to George Wilson's suit?
(a) They ignored his suit.
(b) They settled.
(c) They threatened George Wilson with a countersuit.
(d) They filed a countersuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Hoovers put the fire out?
2. What building was on fire?
3. What was it about Helen's retirement check that had Helen and Adrian Hoover nervous?
4. The Hoovers supplemented their food supply with ______________.
5. What did the Hoovers ask the Larimers?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)