|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, A Beginning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caught fire in the cabin?
(a) The window curtains.
(b) The stove.
(c) The dining room table.
(d) The chimney.
2. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover get the oil to the house?
(a) Helen rolled the drum.
(b) Adrian rolled the drum.
(c) The driver unloaded the drum at the house.
(d) The driver rolled the drum.
3. What did Blondie find in Chapter 5, "Snow Scene"?
(a) A cache of food.
(b) A way to get into the Hoovers' cabin.
(c) A buck.
(d) A home beneath a cedar near the cabin.
4. What arrived with Helen's pension check?
(a) A backlog of newspapers and magazines.
(b) Legal papers from George Wilson.
(c) The grocery bill.
(d) A letter from their son.
5. How much money did the Hoovers have, total, after the accident?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques Plessis give the Hoovers?
2. What did Helen and Adrian Hoover do about the incident?
3. What does Helen say ended with this realization?
4. Who expressed skepticism that Helen's plan would benefit Adrian?
5. What motivated Helen to suggest her plan?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)