|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Time of Thawing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen want to use what the butcher gave her to do?
(a) Domesticate a rabbit.
(b) Trap a badger.
(c) Attract a fox.
(d) Trap a mink.
2. What was Helen and Adrian Hoover's response to George Wilson's suit?
(a) They settled.
(b) They filed a countersuit.
(c) They threatened George Wilson with a countersuit.
(d) They ignored his suit.
3. What did Adrian do to accommodate the change in temperature?
(a) Cut more wood.
(b) Started gathering bulbs and roots for cooking.
(c) Added extra blankets to the bed at night.
(d) Moved the meat next door.
4. What did Jacques Plessis want from the Hoovers?
(b) Help making a phone call.
(c) Help getting his car out of a ditch.
5. What did Helen order with her mimeograph?
(a) Mailing lists.
(b) Pencils and ink.
(c) Paints and canvas.
(d) Envelopes for mass mailings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change in animal behavior did Helen notice in the beginning of Section II of Chapter 6, "Time of Thawing"?
2. Adrian planned to buy wood from ____________.
3. What collapsed under the snow in Chapter 5, "Snow Scene"?
4. What created the jarring sensation Helen felt during the rainstorm?
5. Who gave the Hoovers the lead they followed?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)