|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Time of Thawing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Hoovers try to conserve wood?
(a) By spending time outside the cabin.
(b) By huddling near one heat source.
(c) By wearing all the clothes they have.
(d) By staying in bed as much as possible.
2. Helen asked her boss for _____________after Adrian's operation.
(a) A year off.
(b) A raise.
(c) A home health aide.
(d) A promotion.
3. What was it about Helen's retirement check that had Helen and Adrian Hoover nervous?
(a) The check isn't coming.
(b) The check will be delayed.
(c) The money was already spent when it came.
(d) The check was less than they expected.
4. Whom did the Hoovers get a nasty letter from at the end of Section 2 of Chapter 4 "...And its aftermath"?
(a) The man Adrian was supposed to see about a job.
(b) Adrian's family.
(c) Helen's former employer.
(d) The people who sold them the cabin.
5. Where did Helen and Adrian Hoover plan to get water when they could?
(a) From rainfall off the roof.
(b) From the spring in their basement.
(c) From the nearby brook.
(d) From the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the animal that scared off the squirrels ultimately leave with?
2. What caught fire in the cabin?
3. What was Helen's plan for making money?
4. What craft did Helen work on in the evenings?
5. What windfall did Helen and Adrian Hoover get at the beginning of spring?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)