|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Time of Thawing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the extent of the damage to the Hoovers' car?
(a) The car was not driveable.
(b) Repairs would cost more than the car was worth.
(c) There was no damage to the car.
(d) The damage was merely cosmetic.
2. What did Helen order with her mimeograph?
(a) Pencils and ink.
(b) Paints and canvas.
(c) Envelopes for mass mailings.
(d) Mailing lists.
3. Where did the domesticated animal sleep when it came indoors?
(a) In the begonia pot.
(b) Beneath the bed.
(c) Under the sink.
(d) In bed.
4. What did the Hoovers plan to do during their vacation?
(a) Rest and relax.
(b) Write memoirs.
(c) Volunteer their time.
(d) Look for property.
5. What surprise did Helen get when she looked at her finances?
(a) They were deep in debt.
(b) They had more left over than she expected.
(c) There was a lot less than she expected.
(d) Their expenses through the winter had used all their savings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the fire?
2. Who was Blondie?
3. Who was George Wilson?
4. What are Helen and Adrian Hoover surprised by when the moving truck arrives?
5. What animal let itself into the cabin and hissed at Helen?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)