|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, and its Aftermath, sections 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Helen have to return to work?
(a) Next spring.
(b) Whenever she feels like returning.
(c) Next summer.
(d) Before winter.
2. What did Adrian make for hauling meat?
(a) A trailer.
(b) A sled.
(c) A toboggan.
(d) A sledge.
3. Who expressed skepticism that Helen's plan would benefit Adrian?
(a) Helen's boss.
(d) The psychiatrist.
4. What was Helen surprised by when she got to town?
(a) Everyone already knew who she and Adrian were.
(b) Everything was closed.
(c) The sights and sounds of civilization.
(d) The friendliness of strangers.
5. Who gave the Hoovers the lead they followed?
(a) A friend.
(b) A colleague of Adrian's.
(c) The U.S. Forest Service.
(d) A relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques Plessis want from the Hoovers?
2. What was the sheriff's conclusion on the accident?
3. What did Helen feel about living in the cabin when Adrian went to get the mail at the end of Section 4 "...And its aftermath"?
4. Helen said that she wanted to deal humanely with ______________.
5. What had John Anderson done to the basement when Helen and Adrian Hoover were gone?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)