|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, and its Aftermath, sections 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Helen and Adrian Hoover plan to get water when they could?
(a) From the spring in their basement.
(b) From the nearby brook.
(c) From the lake.
(d) From rainfall off the roof.
2. What did the Hoovers use after their air-tight stove nearly melted?
(a) Electric heaters.
(c) A log roller.
(d) Propane heaters.
3. What happened to Adrian when he and Helen returned to Chicago?
(a) He fell.
(b) He fell ill.
(c) He got in a car accident.
(d) He injured his back.
4. Who was with the driver of the other car?
(a) The man's dog.
(b) The man's spouse.
(c) The man's daughter.
(d) The man's mother.
5. What was Sven's recommendation after the storm?
(a) To give the place up.
(b) To get professional assistance.
(c) To move out.
(d) To move to another place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Helen surprised by when she got to town?
2. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover get the oil to the house?
3. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover describe the foreman who brought their meat?
4. What did Adrian suggest they do until they could get an oil stove?
5. What was Helen doing when she heard the animal?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)