|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, and its Aftermath, sections 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the psychiatrist say isolation would do for Adrian?
(a) Let him sleep.
(b) Free him from pathogens.
(c) Let him relax outside the city.
(d) Give him courage to return to his work.
2. What was Helen's plan for making money?
(a) Selling her books.
(b) Selling their furniture.
(c) Using windblown branches for heat.
(d) Cutting back all their expenses.
3. What happened to Adrian when he and Helen returned to Chicago?
(a) He injured his back.
(b) He got in a car accident.
(c) He fell.
(d) He fell ill.
4. What trait of Jacques Plessis inspired Helen?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His tenderness.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His tenacity.
5. What damage did the storm do?
(a) Flooded the upstairs bedrooms.
(b) Flooded the basement.
(c) Pulled off some of the roof.
(d) Started a river through the living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the liquid which Adrian thought was oil?
2. What did Jacques Plessis offer the Hoovers?
3. Who expressed skepticism that Helen's plan would benefit Adrian?
4. What did Helen feel about living in the cabin when Adrian went to get the mail at the end of Section 4 "...And its aftermath"?
5. Where would Helen and Adrian Hoover have to winter?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)