|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, ...and its Aftermath, sections 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it about Helen's retirement check that had Helen and Adrian Hoover nervous?
(a) The money was already spent when it came.
(b) The check will be delayed.
(c) The check was less than they expected.
(d) The check isn't coming.
2. Who was with the driver of the other car?
(a) The man's spouse.
(b) The man's mother.
(c) The man's dog.
(d) The man's daughter.
3. What had John Anderson done to the basement when Helen and Adrian Hoover were gone?
(a) Installed a drainage system.
(b) Poured concrete on the floor.
(c) Reinforced the walls.
(d) Filled it in with dirt.
4. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover nearly asphyxiate themselves in the cabin?
(a) The pilot light on the stove went out and the cabin filled with propane.
(b) The chimney clogs and the cabin filled with smoke.
(c) The mildew in the cabin was so bad they could hardly breathe.
(d) The barrel-furnace burned out and spewed fumes.
5. What did the Hoovers plan to do during their vacation?
(a) Write memoirs.
(b) Volunteer their time.
(c) Rest and relax.
(d) Look for property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month was it when Helen and Adrian Hoover discovered this news about the retirement check?
2. What did Helen nearly upset in the basement?
3. Who were Sven and Hilda Peterson?
4. Adrian planned to buy wood from ____________.
5. What did Adrian suggest they do until they could get an oil stove?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)