|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, ...and its Aftermath, sections 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had John Anderson done to the basement when Helen and Adrian Hoover were gone?
(a) Reinforced the walls.
(b) Installed a drainage system.
(c) Filled it in with dirt.
(d) Poured concrete on the floor.
2. What did Helen say she had always wanted to do?
(a) Move to the country.
(b) Write about nature.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Live in a city.
3. What accident did Helen and Adrian Hoover almost have on the way to get wood?
(a) They nearly hit a deer.
(b) They nearly collided with a construction vehicle.
(c) They nearly drove off the road.
(d) They nearly lost the trailer.
4. What are Helen and Adrian Hoover surprised by when the moving truck arrives?
(a) How unnecessary their things are here.
(b) How quickly everything was put away.
(c) The amount of furniture they have.
(d) The cost.
5. How much money did the Hoovers have, total, after the accident?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the sheriff's conclusion on the accident?
2. What month was it when Helen and Adrian Hoover discovered this news about the retirement check?
3. How long did Helen and Adrian Hoover take to decide to buy the cabin?
4. Where would Helen and Adrian Hoover have to winter?
5. What did Adrian suggest they do until they could get an oil stove?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)