|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Unexpected....
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen nearly upset in the basement?
(a) A mouse's nest.
(b) A tin of matches.
(c) A prop for the floor above.
(d) Jars of sulfuric acid.
2. What was Helen Hoover's job?
(a) Metallurgy researcher.
3. What animal did Helen have to drive out of the basement in Adrian's absence?
(a) A possum.
(b) A rat.
(c) A bear.
(d) A raccoon.
4. Where would Helen and Adrian Hoover have to winter?
(a) In the log cabin.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In the larger cabin.
(d) In the Larimers' cabin.
5. Where did Helen and Adrian Hoover plan to get water when they could?
(a) From the lake.
(b) From the spring in their basement.
(c) From rainfall off the roof.
(d) From the nearby brook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Adrian Hoover's job?
2. When did Helen have to return to work?
3. What was Helen's plan for making money?
4. What did Adrian suggest they do until they could get an oil stove?
5. Helen's boss send her to speak to ______________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)