|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Unexpected....
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen nearly upset in the basement?
(a) A mouse's nest.
(b) A prop for the floor above.
(c) A tin of matches.
(d) Jars of sulfuric acid.
2. Where would Helen and Adrian Hoover have to winter?
(a) In the Larimers' cabin.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In the log cabin.
(d) In the larger cabin.
3. What did the Hoovers ask the Larimers?
(a) To rent their cabin.
(b) To do some work on their cabin.
(c) To celebrate their housewarming.
(d) To help them with their housework.
4. What was Helen's plan for making money?
(a) Selling their furniture.
(b) Selling her books.
(c) Using windblown branches for heat.
(d) Cutting back all their expenses.
5. What did Hilda bring to Helen and Adrian Hoover when they moved?
(a) A begonia.
(b) A wood stove.
(c) A stew.
(d) Their mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage did the storm do?
2. What happened to Adrian when he and Helen returned to Chicago?
3. What motivated Helen to suggest her plan?
4. What were conditions like when Helen and Adrian Hoover returned to the cabin after the storm?
5. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover nearly asphyxiate themselves in the cabin?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)