|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Snow Scene, sections 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helen suggest they could make a living?
(a) Real estate scams.
(d) Writing for magazines.
2. What did Helen and Adrian Hoover try to get rid of by opening the windows?
(b) Smoke from their fire.
(d) The smell of mildew.
3. Helen asked her boss for _____________after Adrian's operation.
(a) A promotion.
(b) A year off.
(c) A home health aide.
(d) A raise.
4. What piece of equipment was Helen lacking for her project?
(a) Heavy cream.
(b) A mimeograph.
(c) Potatoes and ink.
(d) Paper for cards.
5. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover nearly asphyxiate themselves in the cabin?
(a) The barrel-furnace burned out and spewed fumes.
(b) The pilot light on the stove went out and the cabin filled with propane.
(c) The chimney clogs and the cabin filled with smoke.
(d) The mildew in the cabin was so bad they could hardly breathe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state was the other driver in after the accident?
2. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover get the oil to the house?
3. What did Adrian tell Helen about the large cabin when they were trying to conserve wood?
4. What were conditions like when Helen and Adrian Hoover returned to the cabin after the storm?
5. What position were the Hoovers in with regard to insurance after the accident?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)