|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Snow Scene, sections 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen and Adrian Hoover try to get rid of by opening the windows?
(b) The smell of mildew.
(c) Smoke from their fire.
2. What did the Hoovers leave out for the animal that scared off the squirrels?
(a) Dead mice.
(c) Honey water.
(d) A bacon rind.
3. What arrived with Helen's pension check?
(a) A letter from their son.
(b) The grocery bill.
(c) Legal papers from George Wilson.
(d) A backlog of newspapers and magazines.
4. What was Helen afraid of when she heard that George Wilson was suing her and Adrian?
(a) Losing their property.
(b) Having to appear in court.
(c) Having to pay a lawyer.
(d) Having to travel to town for legal proceedings.
5. What were conditions like when Helen and Adrian Hoover returned to the cabin after the storm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What secondary benefit did Adrian's building project have?
2. What scattered the squirrels Helen was watching?
3. What physical state was Jacques Plessis in when he found the Hoovers' cabin?
4. What was Helen surprised by when she got to town?
5. What did Helen feel about living in the cabin when Adrian went to get the mail at the end of Section 4 "...And its aftermath"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)