|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Snow Scene, sections 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing Helen and Adrian Hoover created with the mimeograph?
(a) A picture of deer.
(b) A picture of themselves.
(c) An advertisement for soap.
(d) Christmas cards.
2. What did Helen feel about living in the cabin when Adrian went to get the mail at the end of Section 4 "...And its aftermath"?
(a) Terrified of the winter.
(b) Nostalgic for the city.
(c) Dwarfed by the extent of the woods and the cold.
(d) At home in the wilderness.
3. What was Adrian's plan for making money?
(a) Working in advertising.
(b) Working on the road building crew.
(c) Selling the larger cabin.
(d) Selling his investments.
4. What did the Hoovers leave out for the animal that scared off the squirrels?
(b) Honey water.
(c) Dead mice.
(d) A bacon rind.
5. What did the Hoovers ask the Larimers?
(a) To do some work on their cabin.
(b) To rent their cabin.
(c) To help them with their housework.
(d) To celebrate their housewarming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helen and Adrian Hoover get the oil to the house?
2. When did Helen have to return to work?
3. What was Helen's plan for making money?
4. What wildlife did the Hoovers NOT see outside their cabin?
5. What did Jacques Plessis offer the Hoovers?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)