|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Time of Thawing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen watch after the wood loading was finished?
(a) A bear.
2. What had Jacques Plessis not been able to find?
(a) The trail back to town.
(b) His car.
(c) His car keys.
(d) The road.
3. What did Helen feel about living in the cabin when Adrian went to get the mail at the end of Section 4 "...And its aftermath"?
(a) At home in the wilderness.
(b) Nostalgic for the city.
(c) Terrified of the winter.
(d) Dwarfed by the extent of the woods and the cold.
4. What did George Wilson tell Helen and Adrian Hoover about the lawsuit he filed?
(a) He didn't know anything about it.
(b) He thought he might get away with something.
(c) He thought it was the only way to get money for repairs.
(d) He thought he could get some money out of the insurance companies.
5. What did Jacques Plessis offer the Hoovers?
(a) Free firewood for their help.
(b) Help if his tip does not pan out.
(c) Assistance if he can ever offer it.
(d) Money for their help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change in animal behavior did Helen notice in the beginning of Section II of Chapter 6, "Time of Thawing"?
2. What did Helen begin to plan in Chapter 6 "Time of Thawing"?
3. What did Adrian say he would use as a freezer?
4. How did the Hoovers try to conserve wood?
5. What did George Wilson ultimately want from the Hoovers?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)