|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Time of Thawing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What windfall did Helen and Adrian Hoover get at the beginning of spring?
(a) A refund from the oil company.
(b) A refund on their taxes.
(c) Checks from relatives.
(d) A bank error in their favor.
2. Who showed up after Helen and Adrian Hoover put out the fire?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) Someone from the weather service.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A policeman.
3. What did Helen feel about living in the cabin when Adrian went to get the mail at the end of Section 4 "...And its aftermath"?
(a) Terrified of the winter.
(b) At home in the wilderness.
(c) Nostalgic for the city.
(d) Dwarfed by the extent of the woods and the cold.
4. What did Jacques Plessis want from the Hoovers?
(c) Help getting his car out of a ditch.
(d) Help making a phone call.
5. What did the visitor want?
(b) To install a weather monitor.
(c) Information about Helen's colleagues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather on Thanksgiving?
2. What trait of Jacques Plessis inspired Helen?
3. What did Adrian do to accommodate the change in temperature?
4. What did Adrian suggest they do until they could get an oil stove?
5. What was Helen and Adrian Hoover's response to George Wilson's suit?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)