|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 10 short essay questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Himiko been doing before Bird got to her apartment?
2. Why can the new baby not have surgery?
3. Where does Bird work?
4. What does the gang yell as they leave Bird?
5. Surgery will be performed on Bird's baby to ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Delchef and how is he introduced into the story?
2. What instruction does Bird give the doctor regarding the baby's dwindling condition?
3. What is ironic about Bird's using sex to avoid responsibility?
4. Where does Bird go after leaving his father-in-law's office?
5. Why did the author give names to only a few of the characters?
6. What positive encounter does Bird have with the second student from his class?
7. What are some of the negative and positive reminders that Bird receives about the possibilities for his future?
8. In what way has Bird essentially changed universes in his life?
9. What does Bird's father-in-law give to Bird during the visit and why is this an unlikely offering given Bird's troubles with addiction?
10. What is Bird's state of mind at the beginning of the book and what does the first chapter signify for his life?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)