|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 10 short essay questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Bird NOT think about on this day?
2. What does the gang yell as they leave Bird?
3. Why can the new baby not have surgery?
4. What is the state of mind of the main character?
5. What condition does the new baby have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bird's state of mind at the beginning of the book and what does the first chapter signify for his life?
2. What is the significance of Himiko's character in the story?
3. What does Bird learn about the child's birth when he calls his mother-in-law?
4. What does Bird think about after he leaves the shop and how does he avoid learning about the birth of his child?
5. What does Bird's encounter with Kikuhiko point out to Bird?
6. How does Bird learn that his child has a problem?
7. What is unusual about the doctor who speaks to Bird about the baby?
8. Why did the author give names to only a few of the characters?
9. What is the significance of the mention of the maps of Africa?
10. What does Bird notice about the women watching from the windows of the maternity hospital?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)