|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 10 short essay questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bird note about Himiko's apartment?
2. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
3. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
4. What does Bird do as he reads a short story to his class?
5. What had Himiko been doing before Bird got to her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Bird scratching behind his ear after his tiny son does the same thing?
2. What does Bird's encounter with Kikuhiko point out to Bird?
3. Where does Bird go after leaving his father-in-law's office?
4. Describe the motif of fear in the book and how Bird transcends it after talking with Kikuhiko.
5. What is Bird's state of mind at the beginning of the book and what does the first chapter signify for his life?
6. What do Bird and Himiko do when told that the baby is nearly strong enough for the operation?
7. Who is Kikuhiko and how is he introduced to the story?
8. What does the glass-eyed doctor tell Bird they will know more about the baby's condition?
9. How is sex and sexuality a means for Bird to avoid responsibility?
10. How have Himiko's feelings about Bird evolved over the last few days?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)