Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 10 short essay questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is _______________ that Bird uses sex to avoid responsibility but it is sex that ultimately allows him to take responsibility.
2. What does the angry student realize about Bird?
3. What does Africa represent in Bird's life now?
4. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
5. Bird and Himiko reminisce about ____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Bird essentially changed universes in his life?
2. What is Bird doing at the beginning of A PERSONAL MATTER? What is going on with Bird's wife and how does Bird think his life will soon change?
3. How does Bird learn that his child has a problem?
4. What does Bird observe when he visits his father-in-law at the university?
5. What is the content of the letter which Bird received at his job?
6. What reason does Bird give Himiko for taking the baby back to the hospital for the operation?
7. What happens to Bird when he goes to his job at the school in Chapter 9?
8. What does Bird notice about the women watching from the windows of the maternity hospital?
9. Waking up sick with a hangover, what does Bird think might serve as partial restitution for the baby's dire situation?
10. What seems to exaggerate Bird's feelings of inadequacy at the arcade?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)