|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ho Chi Minh born?
2. When did the U.S. drop an atomic bomb over Nagasaki?
(a) August 6, 1945
(b) June 13, 1946
(c) September 12, 1944
(d) August 9, 1945
3. What date, leading to the onset of the Great Depression, was known as “Black Tuesday”?
(a) December 12, 1930
(b) June 13, 1928
(c) September 12, 1929
(d) October 29, 1929
4. What was the name of the atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima?
(a) Fat Man
(b) Little Boy
(c) Blue Tear
(d) Black Rocket
5. Where was Alexander Berkman born?
(a) Great Britain
(c) The Russian Empire
(d) The Netherlands
6. The Knights of Labor demanded a workday that consisted of how many hours?
7. The Homestead Strike was an industrial lockout and strike which began on what date?
(a) March 28, 1905
(b) March 27, 1825
(c) June 30, 1892
(d) December 15, 1791
8. Who was elected president of the American Federation of Labor at its founding convention?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Samuel Gompers
(c) William Berkeley
(d) Terence V. Powderly
9. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations, but in most countries it started in what year?
10. The United Kingdom, France and the Russian Empire comprised what side in World War I?
(a) The Central Powers
(b) The Allies
(c) The Axis Powers
11. What is the title of Chapter 12?
(a) Self-Help in Hard Times
(b) Or Does It Explode
(c) The Seventies: Under Control
(d) The Empire and the People
12. What is defined as an economic system characterized by social ownership of the means and production and cooperative management of the economy?
13. The People’s Party, or the “Populists” was a short-lived political party established in what year?
14. Why does author Zinn make the argument that the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were unnecessary?
(a) Nagasaki and Hiroshima were not important cities to Japan
(b) The U.S. government had more capable weapons to ensure the surrender of Japan
(c) The U.S. government knew the Japanese were considering surrender beforehand
(d) Japan had already surrendered
15. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) Or Does It Explode
(b) Self-Help in Hard Times
(d) War is the Health of the State
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the My Lai Massacre take place?
2. What is the title of Chapter 11?
3. What U.S. President authorized the Japanese American internment with Executive Order 9066?
4. What was Malcolm X’s birth name?
5. The first of the Jim Crow laws was enacted in what year?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)