|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima?
(a) Black Rocket
(b) Blue Tear
(c) Fat Man
(d) Little Boy
2. When did the U.S. drop an atomic bomb over Nagasaki?
(a) September 12, 1944
(b) June 13, 1946
(c) August 6, 1945
(d) August 9, 1945
3. Who wrote The Feminine Mystique?
(a) Henry David Thoreau
(b) Emma Willard
(c) Betty Friedan
(d) Harriot Hunt
4. The United Kingdom, France and the Russian Empire comprised what side in World War I?
(a) The Central Powers
(b) The Axis Powers
(d) The Allies
5. The Japanese American internment was the World War II internment in "War Relocation Camps" of about how many people of Japanese heritage who lived on the Pacific coast of the United States?
6. What did Executive Order 9981 abolish?
(a) Trade agreements with the Native Americans
(b) Slavery of African Americans
(c) Women’s right to vote
(d) Racial discrimination in the armed forces
7. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) War is the Health of the State
(b) Self-Help in Hard Times
(c) Robber Barons and Rebels
(d) The Socialist Challenge
8. What term refers to an ideology and movement that encourages the solidarity of Africans worldwide?
(a) African Culturism
(c) Black Legionism
9. The Knights of Labor demanded a workday that consisted of how many hours?
10. When was The Feminine Mystique published?
11. COINTELPRO is an acronym for what?
(a) Contemporary Intelligence Protocol
(b) Coin-operated Telephone Program
(c) Counter Intelligence Program
(d) Collateral Intelligence Protocol
12. The People’s Party, or the “Populists” was a short-lived political party established in what year?
13. What U.S. President authorized the Japanese American internment with Executive Order 9066?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt
(c) Woodrow Wilson
(d) Martin Van Buren
14. The Preparedness Day Bombing took place on what date?
(a) July 22, 1916
(b) March 10, 1929
(c) September 15, 1900
(d) August 12, 1898
15. The Preparedness Day Bombing was a bombing that took place where?
(a) Albuquerque, New Mexico
(b) San Francisco, California
(c) Reno, Nevada
(d) Los Angeles, California
Short Answer Questions
1. The Socialist Labor Party of America was established in what year as the Workingmen’s Party?
2. Where was Mary Harris born?
3. What term refers to the period of feminist activity that first began in the early 1960s in the United States, and eventually spread throughout the Western world?
4. What is the title of Chapter 17?
5. Who was the most important leader in the Knights of Labor?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)