|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did President Harry S. Truman issue Executive Order 9981?
2. The Preparedness Day Bombing took place on what date?
(a) July 22, 1916
(b) September 15, 1900
(c) August 12, 1898
(d) March 10, 1929
3. The Vietnam War was a Cold War-era military conflict beginning in what year?
4. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) Self-Help in Hard Times
(b) War is the Health of the State
(c) Robber Barons and Rebels
(d) The Socialist Challenge
5. Approximately how many people were killed as a result of the firestorm from the Bombing of Dresden?
6. When was Amnesty International founded?
7. The Socialist Labor Party of America was established in what year as the Workingmen’s Party?
8. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Slavery Without Submission, Emancipation Without Freedom
(b) The Socialist Challenge
(c) The Seventies: Under Control
(d) War is the Health of the State
9. When did the My Lai Massacre take place?
(a) June 15, 1969
(b) March 16, 1968
(c) May 30, 1962
(d) July 13, 1967
10. The title of Chapter 17 comes from a line of the poem “Harlem” written by whom?
(a) Percy Shelley
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr
(c) E. B. White
(d) Langston Hughes
11. The Preparedness Day Bombing was a bombing that took place where?
(a) San Francisco, California
(b) Los Angeles, California
(c) Albuquerque, New Mexico
(d) Reno, Nevada
12. During the Great Depression, unemployment in the United States rose to what percentage?
13. In what year was Malcolm X assassinated?
14. What was the name of the atomic bomb that was dropped over Nagasaki?
(a) Old Man
(b) Little Boy
(c) White Man
(d) Fat Man
15. Who was the first president of South Vietnam , from 1955 to 1963?
(a) Kim Il Sung
(b) Ngo Dinh Diem
(c) Mao Ze-Dong
(d) Ho Chi Minh
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Executive Order 9981 abolish?
2. When did the Philippine-American War take place?
3. The United Kingdom, France and the Russian Empire comprised what side in World War I?
4. Who signed into law the Espionage Act of 1917?
5. The Homestead Strike was an industrial lockout and strike which began on what date?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)