|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Korean War take place?
2. In what year did Emma Goldman immigrate to the United States?
3. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations, but in most countries it started in what year?
4. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Slavery Without Submission, Emancipation Without Freedom
(b) The Socialist Challenge
(c) War is the Health of the State
(d) The Seventies: Under Control
5. Eugene V. Debs ran unsuccessfully for President of the United States several times as a candidate for what political party?
(a) The Democratic Party
(b) The Green Party
(c) The Youth International Party
(d) The Socialist Party of America
6. Where was Alexander Berkman born?
(b) Great Britain
(c) The Netherlands
(d) The Russian Empire
7. While imprisoned at the age of 20, Malcolm X became a member of what religious movement?
(a) The Presbyterian movement
(b) The Society of Unitarianism
(c) The Nation of Christianity
(d) The Nation of Islam
8. When was the city of Hiroshima bombed by U.S. forces?
(a) September 12, 1944
(b) August 9, 1945
(c) August 6, 1945
(d) June 13, 1946
9. In what year did President Harry S. Truman issue Executive Order 9981?
10. What name refers to a U.S. military operation during the Vietnam War, lasting from 1962 until 1971, that employed chemical warfare?
(a) Operation Ranch Hand
(b) Operation Orange Agent
(c) Operation Eagle Landing
(d) Operation Sushi Chef
11. The Preparedness Day Bombing was a bombing that took place where?
(a) Albuquerque, New Mexico
(b) Reno, Nevada
(c) San Francisco, California
(d) Los Angeles, California
12. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) The Socialist Challenge
(b) Self-Help in Hard Times
(c) Robber Barons and Rebels
(d) War is the Health of the State
13. What was the name of the atomic bomb that was dropped over Nagasaki?
(a) White Man
(b) Old Man
(c) Fat Man
(d) Little Boy
14. What is defined as an economic system characterized by social ownership of the means and production and cooperative management of the economy?
15. When was Ho Chi Minh born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Vietnam Veterans Against the War began as a placard slogan in the staging area for the Spring Mobilization to End the War anti-war demonstration in what year?
2. When did the Spanish-American War begin?
3. Who was the most important leader in the Knights of Labor?
4. What date, leading to the onset of the Great Depression, was known as “Black Tuesday”?
5. Why does author Zinn make the argument that the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were unnecessary?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)