|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who among Christopher Columbus’s shipmates took the Pinta on an unauthorized expedition in search of an island called "Babeque" to search for gold while in Cuba?
(a) Martín Alonso Pinzón
(b) Nathan Bacon
(c) William Berkeley
(d) Bartolome de las Casas
2. The ship headed for Jamestown that J. Saunders Redding writes about in Chapter 2 carried how many slaves?
3. The First Seminole War began in 1814 and lasted until what year?
4. When Christopher Columbus returned to Spain after inadvertently landing in the Americas, he told the Queen and King of Spain that he had reached Asia and an island off of China. In reality, Columbus had traveled to what currently-known locations?
(a) To Virginia and Louisiana
(b) To Maine and Massachusetts
(c) To California and Oregon
(d) To Cuba and Hispaniola
5. Christopher Columbus erected the Navidad fort at the site of what present-day country?
6. When was W. E. B. Du Bois born?
7. The Republic of Texas was an independent sovereign nation in North America from 1836 until what year?
8. Sam Davis was hung by a mob in Harrodsburg, Kentucky in what year?
9. The author states in Chapter 2 that the history of slavery in the United States traces back to where?
10. On Columbus’s second voyage for the King and Queen of Spain, he was unable to locate gold so he instead filled his ships with how many slaves?
11. How many men did Columbus leave behind at the Navidad fort?
12. In what year was Mary Dyer executed?
13. Where did the first victory of the American Revolution take place?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts
(b) Yorktown, Virginia
(c) Jamestown, Virginia
(d) Lexington, Kentucky
14. The Indian Removal Act was signed into law by what U.S. President?
(a) Martin Van Buren
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) James Polk
(d) Abraham Lincoln
15. Where did the Dorr Rebellion take place?
(c) Rhode Island
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the United States Bill of Rights ratified?
2. In Chapter 9, the author asserts that in 1790, there were 500,000 slaves in the U.S. How many slaves were there in 1860?
3. Where was Amelia Bloomer born?
4. When did the Antinomian Controversy take place?
5. When did the Stono Rebellion take place?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)