|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Catharine Beecher born?
2. In what year was Mary Dyer executed?
3. When did the Mexican-American War take place?
4. In what year was the first representative assembly introduced in Jamestown in the form of the Virginia House of Burgesses?
5. In Chapter 9, the author asserts that in 1790, there were 500,000 slaves in the U.S. How many slaves were there in 1860?
(a) 3 million
(b) 2 million
(c) 4 million
(d) 1 million
6. Where was the Anti-Rent War centralized?
(a) New Hampshire
(b) New York
(d) West Virginia
7. What title refers to the fictional story of a woman put on trial in 1747 for having an illegitimate child?
(a) The Scarlet Letter
(b) The Unreported Resistance
(c) The Speech of Polly Baker
(d) The Empire and the People
8. Who founded the first school for women’s higher education, the Troy Female Seminary?
(a) Harriot Hunt
(b) Emma Willard
(c) Edna Calley
(d) Betty Friedan
9. The Royal Proclamation of 1763 was issued by whom?
(a) King Charles I
(b) King Edward IV
(c) King George III
(d) Queen Victoria
10. When did the Stono Rebellion take place?
11. What percentage of profits was Christopher Columbus contracted to receive for the goods he brought back to the King and Queen of Spain during his voyage when he accidentally encountered the Americas?
12. What ship in Christopher Columbus’s fleet ran aground in Hispaniola, leading him to build a fort from it?
(a) The Nina
(b) The Gallega
(c) The Santa Maria
(d) The Pinta
13. The Second Seminole War began in 1835 and lasted until when?
14. Where did the first victory of the American Revolution take place?
(a) Lexington, Kentucky
(b) Jamestown, Virginia
(c) Yorktown, Virginia
(d) Boston, Massachusetts
15. When was W. E. B. Du Bois born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon's Rebellion was an armed rebellion in 1676 by Virginia settlers against what governor?
2. The Louisiana Purchase was an acquisition by the United States of lands claimed by France totally how many square miles?
3. When did Christopher Columbus first encounter the Arawak people?
4. When was the Treaty of Paris signed?
5. When did James Polk serve as President of the United States?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)