1. The word “Arawak” comes from “aru” which is the Lucayan word for what?
2. Christopher Columbus first encountered the Lucayan-Arawak Indians in a location known now as what?
3. When did Christopher Columbus first encounter the Arawak people?
4. What were the two main resources sought by Christopher Columbus on his voyage when he first encountered the Arawaks?
5. What percentage of profits was Christopher Columbus contracted to receive for the goods he brought back to the King and Queen of Spain during his voyage when he accidentally encountered the Americas?
6. What ship in Christopher Columbus’s fleet ran aground in Hispaniola, leading him to build a fort from it?
This section contains 3,677 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)