|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Homestead Strike was an industrial lockout and strike which began on what date?
(a) March 27, 1825
(b) December 15, 1791
(c) March 28, 1905
(d) June 30, 1892
2. Where did the first victory of the American Revolution take place?
(a) Yorktown, Virginia
(b) Boston, Massachusetts
(c) Lexington, Kentucky
(d) Jamestown, Virginia
3. Who wrote the memoir entitled Glances and Glimpses; Or, Fifty Years' Social, Including Twenty Years' Professional Life?
(a) Harriot Hunt
(b) Jimmy Carter
(c) Betty Friedan
(d) Emma Willard
4. COINTELPRO is an acronym for what?
(a) Contemporary Intelligence Protocol
(b) Collateral Intelligence Protocol
(c) Coin-operated Telephone Program
(d) Counter Intelligence Program
5. Vietnam Veterans Against the War began as a placard slogan in the staging area for the Spring Mobilization to End the War anti-war demonstration in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did President Harry S. Truman issue Executive Order 9981?
2. What did Executive Order 9981 abolish?
3. Who was elected president of the American Federation of Labor at its founding convention?
4. When was the city of Hiroshima bombed by U.S. forces?
5. Christopher Columbus first encountered the Lucayan-Arawak Indians in a location known now as what?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)