|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did World War I begin?
(a) September 15, 1900
(b) March 27, 1925
(c) August 12, 1898
(d) July 28, 1914
2. COINTELPRO is an acronym for what?
(a) Contemporary Intelligence Protocol
(b) Collateral Intelligence Protocol
(c) Coin-operated Telephone Program
(d) Counter Intelligence Program
3. On Columbus’s second voyage for the King and Queen of Spain, he was unable to locate gold so he instead filled his ships with how many slaves?
4. What name refers to female workers who came to work for the textile corporations in Lowell, Massachusetts, during the Industrial Revolution in the United States?
(a) The Molly Maguires
(b) The Lowell Mill Girls
(c) The Cupie Dolls
(d) The Sisters of Mercy
5. What is the title of Chapter 6 in A People’s History of the United States?
(a) The Coming Revolt of the Guards
(b) The Unreported Resistance
(c) Slavery Without Submission, Emancipation Without Freedom
(d) The Intimately Oppressed
Short Answer Questions
1. The ship headed for Jamestown that J. Saunders Redding writes about in Chapter 2 carried how many slaves?
2. What name refers to a 19th century secret society composed mainly of Irish and Irish-American coal miners?
3. What is defined as an economic system characterized by social ownership of the means and production and cooperative management of the economy?
4. The Knights of Labor demanded a workday that consisted of how many hours?
5. When was Amnesty International founded?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)