|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does author Zinn make the argument that the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were unnecessary?
(a) The U.S. government knew the Japanese were considering surrender beforehand
(b) Japan had already surrendered
(c) The U.S. government had more capable weapons to ensure the surrender of Japan
(d) Nagasaki and Hiroshima were not important cities to Japan
2. What name refers to a 19th century secret society composed mainly of Irish and Irish-American coal miners?
(a) The Black Underground
(b) The Cupie Dolls
(c) The Molly Maguires
(d) The Lowell Mill Girls
3. Who wrote the memoir entitled Glances and Glimpses; Or, Fifty Years' Social, Including Twenty Years' Professional Life?
(a) Jimmy Carter
(b) Emma Willard
(c) Betty Friedan
(d) Harriot Hunt
4. The Republic of Texas was an independent sovereign nation in North America from 1836 until what year?
5. Approximately how many people were killed as a result of the firestorm from the Bombing of Dresden?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 20?
2. When did the Korean War take place?
3. Where was James Polk born?
4. The Third Seminole War began in what year?
5. What term refers to a political philosophy that advocates stateless societies based on non-hierarchical free associations?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)