|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Robber Barons and Rebels
(b) The Socialist Challenge
(c) The Unreported Resistance
(d) The Empire and the People
2. What did Columbus find when he returned to the Navidad fort after his journey back to Spain?
(a) His sailors were killed
(b) The village had disappeared
(c) A fire was engulfing the ship
(d) His sailors had married the village women
3. The Louisiana Purchase was an acquisition by the United States of lands claimed by France which took place in what year?
4. Who among Christopher Columbus’s shipmates took the Pinta on an unauthorized expedition in search of an island called "Babeque" to search for gold while in Cuba?
(a) Martín Alonso Pinzón
(b) Nathan Bacon
(c) William Berkeley
(d) Bartolome de las Casas
5. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations, but in most countries it started in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the American Federation of Labor founded?
2. When was Catharine Beecher born?
3. The Preparedness Day Bombing took place on what date?
4. In what year did Emma Goldman immigrate to the United States?
5. What was Malcolm X’s birth name?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)