|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The word “Arawak” comes from “aru” which is the Lucayan word for what?
(a) Cassava flour
(c) Banana leaf
(d) Coconut oil
2. According to the author in Chapter 4, in 1700 colonial trade equaled £500,000; by 1770 it totaled how much?
3. When did the U.S. drop an atomic bomb over Nagasaki?
(a) August 6, 1945
(b) August 9, 1945
(c) June 13, 1946
(d) September 12, 1944
4. Why does author Zinn make the argument that the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were unnecessary?
(a) Nagasaki and Hiroshima were not important cities to Japan
(b) The U.S. government had more capable weapons to ensure the surrender of Japan
(c) The U.S. government knew the Japanese were considering surrender beforehand
(d) Japan had already surrendered
5. What author spent a night in jail for refusing to pay his Massachusetts Poll Tax because he opposed the Mexican-American War?
(a) Walt Whitman
(b) James Joyce
(c) Percy Shelley
(d) Henry David Thoreau
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mary Harris born?
2. Where did the Stono Rebellion take place?
3. What term refers to an ideology and movement that encourages the solidarity of Africans worldwide?
4. Angela Davis emerged as a nationally prominent activist and radical in the 1960s, as a leader of what political party?
5. What name refers to a 19th century secret society composed mainly of Irish and Irish-American coal miners?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)