|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name refers to a 19th century secret society composed mainly of Irish and Irish-American coal miners?
(a) The Cupie Dolls
(b) The Lowell Mill Girls
(c) The Black Underground
(d) The Molly Maguires
2. According to the author in Chapter 4, in 1700 colonial trade equaled £500,000; by 1770 it totaled how much?
3. The Industrial Workers of the World is an international union that was formed in what year?
4. The Knights of Labor demanded a workday that consisted of how many hours?
5. For what utopian novel is Edward Bellamy most famous?
(a) The Sun Also Rises
(b) The Great American North
(c) The Trail of Tears
(d) Looking Backward
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the two main resources sought by Christopher Columbus on his voyage when he first encountered the Arawaks?
2. What term refers to a political philosophy that advocates stateless societies based on non-hierarchical free associations?
3. Bacon's Rebellion was an armed rebellion in 1676 by Virginia settlers led by whom?
4. The Homestead Strike was an industrial lockout and strike which began on what date?
5. By 1619, how many blacks had already been transported from Africa to the Caribbean and South America to work as slaves, according to the author in Chapter 2?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)