|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Great Britain impose the Stamp Act, requiring that many printed materials in the colonies be produced on stamped paper made in London?
2. The author notes in Chapter 2 that by 1800, how many blacks had been transported as slaves to the Americas?
(a) 1 to 3 million
(b) 10 to 15 million
(c) 15 to 20 million
(d) 5 to 10 million
3. Bacon's Rebellion was an armed rebellion in 1676 by Virginia settlers against what governor?
(a) Jonathan Schell
(b) Augusto César Sandino
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) William Berkeley
4. During the Great Depression, unemployment in the United States rose to what percentage?
5. What is the title of Chapter 14?
(a) War is the Health of the State
(b) The Socialist Challenge
(c) Robber Barons and Rebels
(d) Slavery Without Submission, Emancipation Without Freedom
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the United States Bill of Rights ratified?
2. Where was Mary Harris born?
3. The Louisiana Purchase was an acquisition by the United States of lands claimed by France totally how many square miles?
4. The People’s Party, or the “Populists” was a short-lived political party established in what year?
5. Bacon's Rebellion was an armed rebellion in 1676 by Virginia settlers led by whom?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)