|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Emma Goldman immigrate to the United States?
2. During the Great Depression, unemployment in the United States rose to what percentage?
3. Bacon's Rebellion started due to a conflict over how the settlers should deal with what issue?
(a) The Indians
(b) Women’s rights
(c) Loyalty to the crown
(d) African slavery
4. What name refers to female workers who came to work for the textile corporations in Lowell, Massachusetts, during the Industrial Revolution in the United States?
(a) The Cupie Dolls
(b) The Molly Maguires
(c) The Lowell Mill Girls
(d) The Sisters of Mercy
5. What term refers to a political philosophy that advocates stateless societies based on non-hierarchical free associations?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Alexander Berkman born?
2. When did James Polk serve as President of the United States?
3. The Republic of Texas was an independent sovereign nation in North America from 1836 until what year?
4. Christopher Columbus first encountered the Lucayan-Arawak Indians in a location known now as what?
5. The Industrial Workers of the World is an international union that was formed in what year?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)