|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Columbus’s second voyage for the King and Queen of Spain, he was unable to locate gold so he instead filled his ships with how many slaves?
2. What title refers to the fictional story of a woman put on trial in 1747 for having an illegitimate child?
(a) The Unreported Resistance
(b) The Empire and the People
(c) The Speech of Polly Baker
(d) The Scarlet Letter
3. Sam Davis was hung by a mob in Harrodsburg, Kentucky in what year?
4. Who founded the first school for women’s higher education, the Troy Female Seminary?
(a) Betty Friedan
(b) Emma Willard
(c) Edna Calley
(d) Harriot Hunt
5. What author spent a night in jail for refusing to pay his Massachusetts Poll Tax because he opposed the Mexican-American War?
(a) Henry David Thoreau
(b) James Joyce
(c) Percy Shelley
(d) Walt Whitman
Short Answer Questions
1. The Seminole people are originally from what current U.S. state?
2. In what year was the first representative assembly introduced in Jamestown in the form of the Virginia House of Burgesses?
3. When was the Treaty of Paris signed?
4. In Chapter 2, J. Saunders Redding writes about a ship headed for Jamestown that arrived in North America in what year?
5. Where was James Polk born?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)