|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes in Chapter 2 that by 1800, how many blacks had been transported as slaves to the Americas?
(a) 1 to 3 million
(b) 15 to 20 million
(c) 5 to 10 million
(d) 10 to 15 million
2. The Republic of Texas was an independent sovereign nation in North America from 1836 until what year?
3. The First Seminole War began in 1814 and lasted until what year?
4. The author states in Chapter 2 that the history of slavery in the United States traces back to where?
5. What were the two main resources sought by Christopher Columbus on his voyage when he first encountered the Arawaks?
(a) Diamonds and gold
(b) Gold and spices
(c) Slaves and wheat
(d) Spices and silver
Short Answer Questions
1. When Christopher Columbus returned to Spain after inadvertently landing in the Americas, he told the Queen and King of Spain that he had reached Asia and an island off of China. In reality, Columbus had traveled to what currently-known locations?
2. When did Great Britain impose the Stamp Act, requiring that many printed materials in the colonies be produced on stamped paper made in London?
3. Where was W. E. B. Du Bois born?
4. The author notes in Chapter 4 that by 1760, there had been how many uprisings designed to create a coup to overthrown various branches of the colonial governments?
5. How many men did Columbus leave behind at the Navidad fort?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)