|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Tea Act passed by the British Parliament?
2. Bacon's Rebellion started due to a conflict over how the settlers should deal with what issue?
(a) Loyalty to the crown
(b) African slavery
(c) Women’s rights
(d) The Indians
3. Where did the first victory of the American Revolution take place?
(a) Lexington, Kentucky
(b) Boston, Massachusetts
(c) Yorktown, Virginia
(d) Jamestown, Virginia
4. When Christopher Columbus returned to Spain after inadvertently landing in the Americas, he told the Queen and King of Spain that he had reached Asia and an island off of China. In reality, Columbus had traveled to what currently-known locations?
(a) To Cuba and Hispaniola
(b) To California and Oregon
(c) To Virginia and Louisiana
(d) To Maine and Massachusetts
5. In what year was the first representative assembly introduced in Jamestown in the form of the Virginia House of Burgesses?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was W. E. B. Du Bois born?
2. By 1619, how many blacks had already been transported from Africa to the Caribbean and South America to work as slaves, according to the author in Chapter 2?
3. The author states in Chapter 2, “It is roughly estimated that Africa lost” how many “human beings to death and slavery in those centuries we call the beginnings of modern Western civilization”?
4. In Chapter 2, J. Saunders Redding writes about a ship headed for Jamestown that arrived in North America in what year?
5. When did Great Britain impose the Stamp Act, requiring that many printed materials in the colonies be produced on stamped paper made in London?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)