|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the first representative assembly introduced in Jamestown in the form of the Virginia House of Burgesses?
2. When did the Seven Years’ War begin?
3. By 1619, how many blacks had already been transported from Africa to the Caribbean and South America to work as slaves, according to the author in Chapter 2?
(c) 1 million
4. The author notes in Chapter 2 that by 1800, how many blacks had been transported as slaves to the Americas?
(a) 10 to 15 million
(b) 5 to 10 million
(c) 1 to 3 million
(d) 15 to 20 million
5. When did the Stono Rebellion take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Treaty of Paris signed?
2. Bacon's Rebellion was an armed rebellion in 1676 by Virginia settlers against what governor?
3. Where was W. E. B. Du Bois born?
4. The author notes in Chapter 4 that by 1760, there had been how many uprisings designed to create a coup to overthrown various branches of the colonial governments?
5. In Chapter 2, J. Saunders Redding writes about a ship headed for Jamestown that arrived in North America in what year?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)