|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes in Chapter 4 that by 1760, there had been how many uprisings designed to create a coup to overthrown various branches of the colonial governments?
2. What did Columbus find when he returned to the Navidad fort after his journey back to Spain?
(a) His sailors had married the village women
(b) The village had disappeared
(c) His sailors were killed
(d) A fire was engulfing the ship
3. When was the Tea Act passed by the British Parliament?
4. When Christopher Columbus returned to Spain after inadvertently landing in the Americas, he told the Queen and King of Spain that he had reached Asia and an island off of China. In reality, Columbus had traveled to what currently-known locations?
(a) To Maine and Massachusetts
(b) To California and Oregon
(c) To Cuba and Hispaniola
(d) To Virginia and Louisiana
5. Where did the first victory of the American Revolution take place?
(a) Jamestown, Virginia
(b) Yorktown, Virginia
(c) Boston, Massachusetts
(d) Lexington, Kentucky
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon's Rebellion started due to a conflict over how the settlers should deal with what issue?
2. The author notes in Chapter 2 that by 1800, how many blacks had been transported as slaves to the Americas?
3. How many men did Columbus leave behind at the Navidad fort?
4. When did the Seven Years’ War begin?
5. In what year was the first representative assembly introduced in Jamestown in the form of the Virginia House of Burgesses?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)