|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon's Rebellion started due to a conflict over how the settlers should deal with what issue?
(a) African slavery
(b) Loyalty to the crown
(c) Women’s rights
(d) The Indians
2. According to the author in Chapter 4, in 1700 colonial trade equaled £500,000; by 1770 it totaled how much?
3. The Anti-Rent War was also known by what name?
(a) The Mondale War
(b) The Powderly War
(c) The Helderberg War
(d) The Hunt War
4. When was the Tea Act passed by the British Parliament?
5. The author states in Chapter 2, “It is roughly estimated that Africa lost” how many “human beings to death and slavery in those centuries we call the beginnings of modern Western civilization”?
(a) 3 million
(b) 6 million
(c) 20 million
(d) 50 million
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among Christopher Columbus’s shipmates took the Pinta on an unauthorized expedition in search of an island called "Babeque" to search for gold while in Cuba?
2. What ship in Christopher Columbus’s fleet ran aground in Hispaniola, leading him to build a fort from it?
3. Christopher Columbus first encountered the Lucayan-Arawak Indians in a location known now as what?
4. When was the Treaty of Paris signed?
5. The author states in Chapter 1 that it is said the source of information of Columbus’s conquests on the islands was written down by a young priest named what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)