|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Third Seminole War began in what year?
2. Christopher Columbus first encountered the Lucayan-Arawak Indians in a location known now as what?
(c) New England
(d) The Bahamas
3. What author spent a night in jail for refusing to pay his Massachusetts Poll Tax because he opposed the Mexican-American War?
(a) Walt Whitman
(b) Henry David Thoreau
(c) Percy Shelley
(d) James Joyce
4. When was Catharine Beecher born?
5. The Indian Removal Act was signed into law in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Indian Removal Act was signed into law by what U.S. President?
2. How many men did Columbus leave behind at the Navidad fort?
3. Bacon's Rebellion was an armed rebellion in 1676 by Virginia settlers led by whom?
4. When did the Mexican-American War take place?
5. Bacon's Rebellion started due to a conflict over how the settlers should deal with what issue?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)