|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what farm animals does Sammy compare the customers stranded in his check-out "chute" (30)?
2. Sammy says that nearby the altercation between Lengel and the young women, he can feel "everybody getting" (21) what?
3. The narrator at first thinks that one of the young women is blushing, but then thinks that she may be red for what other reason?
4. What does Sammy do with the object purchased by the young woman he privately calls "Queenie" (5)?
(a) He slides it across the counter.
(b) He nestles it into a bag.
(c) He tosses it into a bag.
(d) He places it in her hand.
5. The narrator states that "Policy is what" (19) who wants?
(a) The kingpins.
(b) The boss.
(c) The man.
(d) The establishment.
6. What is NOT a register button Sammy hits while ringing up the young woman's purchase?
7. Lengel tells Sammy, "I don't think you know what you're" (29) what?
8. What word does the narrator use to describe the young woman wearing the green plaid bathing suit?
9. Lengel tells the girls that he does not want to take what action?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Call security.
(c) Argue with them.
(d) Lie to them.
10. The narrator states that what "the others want is" (19) what?
(a) A grant.
(c) Juvenile delinquency.
(d) Full jails.
11. What is the third word of the song Sammy has come to hear when he works the register?
12. What does the sign on Lengel's office door read?
(a) Assistant Manager.
(b) Human Resources.
13. What term does Lengel use when he address the young women in the store?
14. The young woman referred to as "Queenie" (5) replies to Lengel's comments by saying that the three young women are what?
(c) Of age.
15. The customers "bunch up" (20) in front of whose register?
(a) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states that when his parents have people over, they serve what non-alcoholic beverage?
2. What is the fourth word of the song Sammy has come to hear when he works the register?
3. The narrator describes the young woman he calls "Queenie" (5) as doing what to two different words?
4. What are the two terms spoken by the young woman referred to as "Queenie" (5) that the narrator linguistically analyzes?
5. What is the first word of the song Sammy has come to hear when he works the register?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)