|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stokesie says to the narrator, "Oh" (7) what?
2. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the young woman's face whom he calls "Queenie" (5)?
3. The three young women take their purchase up to whose register?
(b) The narrator's.
4. The narrator does not see the young women until they are over by what food item?
(a) The bread.
(b) The produce.
(c) The dairy.
(d) The meat.
5. One of the young women picks up a package of what before putting it back?
(b) Clam dip.
6. The narrator's town is "five miles from" (10) what?
(a) The beach.
(b) The lake.
(c) The ski resort.
(d) A gas station.
7. In what month is the narrator's birthday?
8. The narrator describes the A and P's stock of records as "a waste of" (12) what?
9. On what day of the week does the story take place?
10. What is NOT a piece of evidence the narrator cites when he hypothesizes that one of the young women has just bought a new swimsuit?
(a) He can see tan lines above her towel.
(b) It is still bright green.
(c) The seams on the bra are still sharp.
(d) Her stomach is still pale.
11. The narrator says that there are citizens of his town who have not seen what "for twenty years" (10)?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Their feet.
(c) A skyscraper.
12. The young woman on whom the narrator first focuses is wearing a green what?
(a) Bathing suit.
13. How many young women walk into the grocery store at the start of the story?
14. The narrator is working with his back to what object throughout the story?
(a) The front window.
(b) The store room.
(c) The door.
(d) The manager's office.
15. At which "check-out slot" (1) is the narrator working throughout the story?
(a) Number 1.
(b) Number 3.
(c) Number 4.
(d) Number 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stokesie says to Sammy, "I feel" (7) what?
2. How old is Stokesie?
3. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the young women's feet?
4. What name does the narrator use before saying, "Hold me tight" (8) to Stokesie?
5. To what is the narrator referring when he discusses Stokesie's "fuselage" (8)?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)