|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 20-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Stokesie?
2. How many children does Stokesie have?
3. What is the third word of the song Sammy has come to hear when he works the register?
4. The narrator says that there are citizens of his town who have not seen what "for twenty years" (10)?
(a) A skyscraper.
(b) The ocean.
(c) Their feet.
5. Sammy says that once a person uses the cash register enough, "it begins to make a little" (21) what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the eyes of the young woman whom the narrator calls "Queenie" (5)?
2. What is a name Sammy does NOT privately call the young women as he watches them walk?
3. Sammy tells the reader that it is "more" (21) what than they think to run a register?
4. What country does the narrator imagine will have taken over the United States by the time Stokesie fulfills his goal?
5. For how many years does the narrator say the woman he calls the "cash-register-watcher" (1) has been waiting for a cashier to make a mistake?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)