|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 13-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's town is north of what American city?
(b) Los Angeles.
2. What does the narrator describe as the source of the bleached appearance of the hair of the young woman he calls "Queenie" (5)?
(b) Sun and salt.
(c) Sun and wind.
3. The narrator says that the truck parked outside of the A and P is full of what?
4. What word does the narrator use to describe the young woman wearing the green plaid bathing suit?
5. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the young woman when he depicts her picking up a package and putting it back down?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states that "Policy is what" (19) who wants?
2. How many young women walk into the grocery store at the start of the story?
3. The narrator says of his town, "It's not as if we're on the" (10) what?
4. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Stokesie's "voice" as he asks Sammy, "Is it done" (9)?
5. Who notices when the narrator reacts in a particular way to Lengel's repetition of one word?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)