|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator uses what type of fruit to describe one of the young women's faces?
(a) A kumquat.
(b) A peach.
(c) A berry.
(d) An orange.
2. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Stokesie's "voice" as he asks Sammy, "Is it done" (9)?
3. The three young women take their purchase up to whose register?
(c) The narrator's.
4. The narrator does NOT state that women who come into the store usually put on before entering?
(a) A shirt.
(c) A dress.
5. When the narrator rings up a customer's item twice, she "starts giving" (2) him what?
(a) A time.
(b) The business.
(d) The riot act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the narrator use in reference to the women in hair curlers who shop in the A and P?
2. The narrator says of his town, "It's not as if we're on the" (10) what?
3. The other young women are described by the narrator as doing what to Queenie as they all walk toward the meat counter?
4. The tallest young woman in the group has what type of hair?
5. The narrator says that there are citizens of his town who have not seen what "for twenty years" (10)?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)