|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young woman to whom the narrator refers as "Queenie" (5) puts what part of her foot down firmly as she walks around the store?
(a) Her toes.
(b) Her instep.
(c) Her heel.
(d) The ball of her foot.
2. What name does the narrator use before saying, "Hold me tight" (8) to Stokesie?
3. The narrator says that from the front doors of the A and P, he can see what kind of church?
4. The narrator uses what type of fruit to describe one of the young women's faces?
(a) A peach.
(b) A kumquat.
(c) An orange.
(d) A berry.
5. How does the narrator describe the lights inside the A and P?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Stokesie located in relation to the narrator?
2. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the young woman when he depicts her picking up a package and putting it back down?
3. How many children does Stokesie have?
4. Stokesie says to the narrator, "Oh" (7) what?
5. The narrator names what year when hypothesizing that it will be a long time before Stokesie fulfills his goal?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)