|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other young women are described by the narrator as doing what to Queenie as they all walk toward the meat counter?
(a) Huddling against her.
(b) Clinging to her.
(c) Pretending not to know her.
(d) Distancing themselves from her.
2. What is NOT an action the narrator describes as being part of the other customers' reactions to seeing the young women?
3. The narrator does not see the young women until they are over by what food item?
(a) The meat.
(b) The dairy.
(c) The produce.
(d) The bread.
4. The narrator describes the young woman to whom he refers as "Queenie" (5) as being "more than" (3) what?
(b) Out of his league.
(d) His type.
5. According to the narrator, the young women are walking in what way as they move about the store?
(b) Against the usual traffic.
(c) In a zig-zag pattern.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which register is Stokesie working throughout the story?
2. The young woman on whom the narrator first focuses is wearing a green what?
3. The narrator describes the young women in the store as being "without" (2) what item?
4. What term does the narrator use in reference to the women in hair curlers who shop in the A and P?
5. In what location does the young woman who first catches the narrator's eye have "two crescents of white" (1)?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)