|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 31-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What verb does Sammy use to describe the action he takes to eject the drawer from the register?
2. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the young woman's face whom he calls "Queenie" (5)?
3. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the speech of the young woman to whom he refers as "Queenie" (5)?
4. In what manner does the door open when Sammy exits the store?
(a) A customer holds it open on her way out.
(b) The wind blows it open.
(c) A customer holds it open on his way in.
(d) With an electric sensor.
5. Stokesie says to the narrator, "Oh" (7) what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the first two syllables of the nonsense word Sammy utters in response to Lengel's comment?
2. What noise does the register always make just before its drawer emerges?
3. How old is the woman who takes the narrator to task for ringing up her crackers twice, according to the narrator?
4. The narrator describes the young woman to whom he refers as "Queenie" (5) as being "more than" (3) what?
5. The customers "bunch up" (20) in front of whose register?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)