|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of town is the A and P located?
(a) The east side.
(b) The outskirts.
(c) The south side.
(d) The middle.
2. The young woman to whom the narrator refers as "Queenie" (5) walks in what way around the store?
3. The narrator likens the appearance of the young woman he calls "Queenie" (5) to what object?
(a) A flaming hot coal.
(b) A speck of dust.
(c) A nugget of gold.
(d) A sheet of metal.
4. How old is Stokesie?
5. How many children does Stokesie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator asks the reader in reference to females, "Do you really think there's a mind in there or just a buzz like a" what "in a glass jar" (2)?
2. The narrator states that the "free-loaders" (10) arrive when what object has broken yet again?
3. The narrator tells the reader, "Here comes the" what "part of the story" (12)?
4. Stokesie says to the narrator, "Oh" (7) what?
5. How does the narrator describe Stokesie's relationship status?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)