|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 13-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Lengel been doing in the parking lot before entering the store to confront the young women?
2. At which "check-out slot" (1) is the narrator working throughout the story?
(a) Number 1.
(b) Number 3.
(c) Number 4.
(d) Number 2.
3. When the narrator rings up a customer's item twice, she "starts giving" (2) him what?
(a) A time.
(b) The riot act.
(c) The business.
4. The narrator is working with his back to what object throughout the story?
(a) The front window.
(b) The door.
(c) The store room.
(d) The manager's office.
5. The narrator uses what word to describe the reactions of the other customers as they catch sight of the young women in the store?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young women walk into the grocery store at the start of the story?
2. From what location does the girl the narrator calls "Queenie" (5) pull a folded dollar bill?
3. How does the narrator describe Stokesie's relationship status?
4. How old is the woman who takes the narrator to task for ringing up her crackers twice, according to the narrator?
5. The narrator says that the truck parked outside of the A and P is full of what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)