|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 20-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does Sammy use to describe the hand shape of the young woman to whom he gives change?
2. The young woman referred to as "Queenie" (5) replies to Lengel's comments by saying that the three young women are what?
(a) Of age.
3. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Lengel when he states that Lengel is a church-involved man?
4. The narrator says that from the front doors of the A and P, he can see what kind of store?
(a) A pet store.
(b) A newspaper store.
(c) A liquor store.
(d) A tobacco store.
5. What is the fifth word of the song Sammy has come to hear when he works the register?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states that "the whole store is like a" (12) what?
2. What street does the narrator name when depicting the "free-loaders" (10) in his town?
3. Lengel performs what function within his church?
4. The narrator says of his town, "It's not as if we're on the" (10) what?
5. The narrator tells the reader, "Here comes the" what "part of the story" (12)?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)