|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the men that beat up Weaver in Chapter 25?
(a) They are hanged.
(b) They are jailed.
(c) They are freed.
(d) They are awarded money.
2. What does the term “grippe” from the novel refer to?
3. Emmie Hubbard’s eldest son tells Mattie that his mother is upset after hearing word from whom in Chapter 18?
(a) Uncle Fifty.
(b) Arn Satterlee.
(c) Frank Loomis.
(d) Mr. Eckler.
4. What is the name of the dog that Mattie is paid to feed and walk at the Glenmore?
5. When Mattie visits her friend Minnie after the twins are born, how is Minnie’s mental state characterized?
6. The book by Emily Baxter that Mattie receives in the mail from Miss Wilcox is a book of what?
(a) Short stories.
7. Royal Loomis and who come to Mattie’s aid in tending her family’s farm in Chapter 25?
(a) Minnie Compeau.
(b) Iva Loomis.
(c) Mr. Maxwell.
(d) Emmie Hubbard.
8. When Grace Brown was historically murdered, she was supposedly knocked unconscious with what object?
(a) A polo stick.
(b) A tennis racket.
(c) A golf club.
(d) A baseball bat.
9. How much money does Miss Wilcox send to Mattie with the book in Chapter 27?
10. When she visits Miss Wilcox in Chapter 28, Mattie tells her she’s decided not to do what?
(a) Accept her father’s business.
(b) Apply for student loans.
(c) Marry Royal Loomis.
(d) Attend college.
11. What does Weaver Smith hope to be one day?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A train engineer.
12. What is the name of the mule that dies in Chapter 20?
13. What kind of dog is it that Mattie is paid to feed and walk at the Glenmore?
(a) Great Dane.
(b) German Shepherd.
(c) Scottish Terrier.
14. Why has Miss Baxter lost her job at the school in Chapter 27?
(a) Her husband filed for divorce.
(b) Her identity has been revealed.
(c) She was caught cheating on finals.
(d) She was caught with a student.
15. By what mode of transportation is Mattie leaving in the end of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Mattie go to Emmie Hubbard’s home in Chapter 18?
2. Mattie sends money to her father to pay for what in the end of the novel?
3. Where is Mattie departing for at the end of the novel?
4. What does Mattie accept from Royal Loomis in Chapter 25?
5. Where did Emily Dickinson spend her life?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)