|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what neighborhood is Barnard College located?
(b) The Upper East Side.
(c) Morningside Heights.
(d) Brooklyn Heights.
2. What is the name of Royal Loomis’s eldest brother?
(a) Peter Loomis.
(b) Frank Loomis.
(c) Dan Loomis.
(d) James Loomis.
3. When was The House of Mirth first published?
4. Emily Dickinson was known for her penchant for what colored clothing?
5. What kind of boat serves as the floating grocery store and lending library in the novel?
(a) A crab boat.
(b) A trolling boat.
(c) A pickle boat.
(d) An ocean liner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mattie go with Royal when she realizes they are officially dating in Chapter 15?
2. What is the name of the head chef at the Glenmore Hotel?
3. How old is Mattie in the beginning of the novel?
4. Mattie compares her love for Royal with Grace Brown’s love for whom in Chapter 26?
5. What gift does Uncle Fifty give to Mattie during his visit?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)