|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Weaver Smith hope to move to attend college?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) New York, New York.
2. Who is Mattie’s teacher that has taught her “knowledge carries a damned high price”?
(a) Miss Parrish.
(b) Miss Anderson.
(c) Miss Smith.
(d) Miss Wilcox.
3. Weaver is beaten up by three men who are what in Chapter 22?
4. Where does is say Grace Brown lived on the register at the hotel?
(a) North Hartford.
(d) South Otselic.
5. The title of Emily Baxter’s new book that Mattie receives in Chapter 27 means what?
(a) An ancient ship.
(b) A mourning hymn.
(c) An Egyptian goddess.
(d) An Irish ballad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the string of eight lakes that are featured in Mattie’s hometown in the novel?
2. How many children does Emmie Hubbard have?
3. In Chapter 10, Mattie draws parallels between her promise to burn Grace Brown's letters and the promise she made to her dying mother to do what?
4. What causes Mattie internal conflict regarding the letters of Grace Brown in the novel?
5. Who does Mattie have nightmares about in Chapter 30?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)