|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Royal Loomis and who come to Mattie’s aid in tending her family’s farm in Chapter 25?
(a) Minnie Compeau.
(b) Iva Loomis.
(c) Mr. Maxwell.
(d) Emmie Hubbard.
2. Where does Henry leave some jars of milk, causing them to explode, in the narrative?
(a) On the stove.
(b) In the entranceway.
(c) On the porch.
(d) On the floor.
3. What is the real name of the character called “Cook” in the novel?
(a) Mrs. Gauthier.
(b) Mrs. Maxwell.
(c) Mrs. Ellis.
(d) Mrs. Hennessey.
4. For what reason does Mattie go to Emmie Hubbard’s home in Chapter 18?
(a) To borrow money from her.
(b) To console her.
(c) To give money to her.
(d) To loan her a novel.
5. Who invites Mattie to her home and gives her books in Chapters 15-16?
(a) Miss Gillette.
(b) Mrs. Hennessey.
(c) Miss Wilcox.
(d) Miss Parris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement is the writer Emily Baxter associated with in the novel?
2. When Weaver hears of Mattie’s plans for the future in Chapter 28, he tells her she may as well do what?
3. Mattie begins working for Miss Wilcox on what days in Chapter 17?
4. Mattie gets her father’s permission to go to work at the Glenmore Hotel in order to buy what?
5. By what name does Uncle Fifty go by as a French river man?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)