|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the farm not producing as well as it once was, according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
(a) The bank foreclosed on half the land.
(b) The flooding has killed the trees.
(c) The drought has caused the plants to die.
(d) There aren’t enough hands to work it.
2. What is the name of the mule that dies in Chapter 20?
3. How does Papa respond when he discovers Mattie’s spent most of her money at the floating lending library?
(a) He cries and leaves the room.
(b) He laughs at Mattie.
(c) He hugs Mattie.
(d) He hits Mattie.
4. Who is the heroine in The House of Mirth?
(a) Lily Bart.
(b) Sarah Stuart.
(c) Emily Wilcox.
(d) Aleeta Smith.
5. What is Mattie’s father’s name in the novel?
(a) Lawton Gokey.
(b) James Gokey.
(c) Michael Gokey.
(d) Richard Gokey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the historical figure of Chester Gillette born?
2. Where does Mattie go with Royal when she realizes they are officially dating in Chapter 15?
3. Whose name does Mattie recall on the letters upstairs under her mattress in the opening of the novel?
4. Mattie arrives at Emmie Hubbard’s home to discover Emmie engaged in sexual relations with whom in Chapter 18?
5. Where does is say Grace Brown lived on the register at the hotel?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)