|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago has Mattie’s mother died in the beginning of the narrative?
(a) 7 months ago.
(b) 2 weeks ago.
(c) 3 years ago.
(d) 2 months ago.
2. When was The House of Mirth first published?
3. In what county does most of the novel take place?
(a) Clark County.
(b) Siskiyou County.
(c) Herkimer County.
(d) Marin County.
4. What is the name of the man who checked into the hotel with Grace Brown in the novel?
(a) Frank Loomis.
(b) Lawton Gokey.
(c) Francois Pierre Gauthier.
(d) Carl Grahm.
5. When was the historical figure, Grace Brown, born?
(a) March 20, 1886.
(b) July 14, 1905.
(c) May 12, 1884.
(d) June 16, 1899.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mattie in the beginning of the novel?
2. What is the name of Mattie’s fourteen-year-old sister?
3. How old is Louisa Gokey in the novel?
4. What is the name of the string of eight lakes that are featured in Mattie’s hometown in the novel?
5. What had Grace Brown given Mattie to burn in A Northern Light?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)