|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weaver Smith is the first what in his family?
(b) Man to marry in a church.
(c) Freeborn man.
(d) Heir to royalty.
2. Who is the suitor that is pursuing Mattie in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Royal Loomis.
(b) Frank Loomis.
(c) Tommy Hubbard.
(d) Weaver Smith.
3. How many children does Emmie Hubbard have?
4. Where does is say Grace Brown lived on the register at the hotel?
(a) South Otselic.
(c) North Hartford.
5. In what county does most of the novel take place?
(a) Clark County.
(b) Marin County.
(c) Herkimer County.
(d) Siskiyou County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was Minnie Compeau when she left school?
2. Where does Mattie dream of going to college in the beginning of the novel?
3. What is the name of the string of eight lakes that are featured in Mattie’s hometown in the novel?
4. What is the name of Mattie’s five-year-old sister?
5. Who does the narrator describe as sitting on “the porch until the end of time, rapping her cane on the railing for more lemonade” in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)