|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of the character called “Cook” in the novel?
(a) Mrs. Ellis.
(b) Mrs. Gauthier.
(c) Mrs. Hennessey.
(d) Mrs. Maxwell.
2. By what name does Uncle Fifty go by as a French river man?
(a) Francois Pierre Gauthier.
(b) Kouider Zouiche.
(c) Jean Georges Vongerichen.
(d) Jean Pierre Napoleon.
3. What is the only book Mattie’s Aunt Josie suggests she read?
(a) The Poems of Robert Frost.
(b) Little Women.
(c) The Farmer’s Almanac.
(d) The Bible.
4. Weaver Smith is the first what in his family?
(b) Heir to royalty.
(c) Man to marry in a church.
(d) Freeborn man.
5. When Mattie asks Aunt Josie for financial help for college, Aunt Josie tells Mattie she’s as selfish as whom?
(a) Lawton Gokey.
(b) Louisa Gokey.
(c) Michael Gokey.
(d) Beth Gokey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote The House of Mirth?
2. When was The House of Mirth first published?
3. Barnard College has been associated with what university since 1900?
4. What teacher of Mattie’s shows enthusiasm for her acceptance to Barnard College?
5. Who runs the floating grocery store/lending library in Eagle Bay?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)