|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Lawton Gokey in the novel?
(a) He was murdered in Atlanta.
(b) He’s been put away in prison.
(c) He’s left his family.
(d) He’s been hanged for murder.
2. By what name does Uncle Fifty go by as a French river man?
(a) Francois Pierre Gauthier.
(b) Jean Pierre Napoleon.
(c) Kouider Zouiche.
(d) Jean Georges Vongerichen.
3. Who is Mattie’s teacher that has taught her “knowledge carries a damned high price”?
(a) Miss Wilcox.
(b) Miss Anderson.
(c) Miss Parrish.
(d) Miss Smith.
4. Pa tells Mattie in Chapter 12 that if she leaves the family to go to college, then he will do what?
(a) See that she obtains a good dowry.
(b) o longer welcome her into his home.
(c) Give her the inheritance left by his aunt.
(d) See that she has the money to start her career.
5. How does Papa respond when he discovers Mattie’s spent most of her money at the floating lending library?
(a) He cries and leaves the room.
(b) He laughs at Mattie.
(c) He hits Mattie.
(d) He hugs Mattie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of Mattie’s Aunt Josie?
2. The House of Mirth is a novel written in what style?
3. In what neighborhood is Barnard College located?
4. Who is the suitor that is pursuing Mattie in the beginning of the novel?
5. What had Grace Brown given Mattie to burn in A Northern Light?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)