|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emily Baxter is said to be what kind of writer in the novel?
(a) An essayist.
(b) A science-fiction novelist.
(c) A historical romantic novelist.
(d) A poet.
2. Weaver Smith struggles with his identity in the novel when he is misinterpreted as what at the rail station?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A porter.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
3. What is the name of the head chef at the Glenmore Hotel?
(a) Mr. Maxwell.
(b) Mrs. Ellis.
(c) Mrs. Hennessey.
(d) Mrs. Hubbard.
4. Each chapter in A Northern Light opens with what?
(a) A poem by Emily Dickinson.
(b) A Bible verse.
(c) A dictionary word.
(d) An Irish ballad.
5. When Mattie asks Aunt Josie for financial help for college, Aunt Josie tells Mattie she’s as selfish as whom?
(a) Lawton Gokey.
(b) Louisa Gokey.
(c) Michael Gokey.
(d) Beth Gokey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barnard College has been associated with what university since 1900?
2. Weaver is beaten up by three men who are what in Chapter 22?
3. How many acres of property does Royal Loomis’s father own adjacent to the Gokey farm?
4. What teacher of Mattie’s shows enthusiasm for her acceptance to Barnard College?
5. Uncle Fifty shows up in Chapter 11 with a bundle of money from where?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)