|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Mattie refer to Aunt Josie’s husband in the narrative?
(a) Uncle Jimmy.
(b) Uncle Billy.
(c) Uncle Peter.
(d) Uncle Vernon.
2. What does Mattie discover the works of Emily Baxter actually celebrate?
(a) Masculine independence.
(b) Immoral sexual acts.
(c) Racial segregation.
(d) Women’s independence.
3. What is the name of the young woman who is engaged to Royal Loomis’s older brother?
(a) Abby Gokey.
(b) Martha Miller.
(c) Emily Baxter.
(d) Belinda Becker.
4. Mattie needs money for what expenses in order to attend college in the novel?
(a) Tuition fees.
(b) Room and board.
(c) Entrance fees.
(d) Books and travel.
5. Where does Mattie go with Royal when she realizes they are officially dating in Chapter 15?
(a) Horseback riding.
(b) Auto racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the string of eight lakes that are featured in Mattie’s hometown in the novel?
2. The letter that Aunt Josie intercepts from the postmistress in Chapter 14 informs the addressee that what will happen to her house?
3. What gift does Uncle Fifty give to Mattie during his visit?
4. What age was Minnie Compeau when she left school?
5. Each chapter in A Northern Light opens with what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)