|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barnard College has been associated with what university since 1900?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Boston University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Columbia University.
2. Weaver is beaten up by three men who are what in Chapter 22?
3. What is the name of Mattie’s mother who passed away?
(a) Sarah Gokey.
(b) Beth Gokey.
(c) Louisa Gokey.
(d) Ellen Gokey.
4. Pa tells Mattie in Chapter 12 that if she leaves the family to go to college, then he will do what?
(a) See that she has the money to start her career.
(b) o longer welcome her into his home.
(c) Give her the inheritance left by his aunt.
(d) See that she obtains a good dowry.
5. The letter that Aunt Josie intercepts from the postmistress in Chapter 14 informs the addressee that she has failed to do what?
(a) Sign her marriage certificate.
(b) Fill out voter registration.
(c) Leave the Will.
(d) Pay back-taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does Mattie refer to Aunt Josie’s husband in the narrative?
2. What is the name of Mattie’s older brother?
3. What has happened to Lawton Gokey in the novel?
4. What kind of boat serves as the floating grocery store and lending library in the novel?
5. Who is the heroine in The House of Mirth?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)