|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barnard College has been associated with what university since 1900?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Boston University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Rutgers University.
2. Weaver confronts Mattie in Chapter 30 of her need to face the truth regarding what?
(a) Failing out of school.
(b) Her father’s drinking problem.
(c) Her situation with Miss Wilcox.
(d) Her situation with Royal.
3. Where does Miss Wilcox say she intends to flee to in her letter in Chapter 27?
4. Mattie’s principle concern about Royal Loomis in Chapter 18 is that he’s never told her what?
(a) That he wants children.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) About his inheritance.
(d) About his involvement in the murder.
5. Who does Mattie tell about Miss Wilcox’s secret pseudonym in Chapters 17-19?
(a) Belinda Becker.
(b) Royal Loomis.
(c) No one.
(d) Mrs. Hennessey.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two time frames that alternate in each chapter of the novel are approximately how far apart?
2. How does Papa respond when he discovers Mattie’s spent most of her money at the floating lending library?
3. Miss Wilcox admits to Mattie in Chapter 17 that her pseudonym is what?
4. Who is Royal’s ex-girlfriend that Mattie sees him arguing with at the picnic in Chapter 29?
5. What causes Mattie internal conflict regarding the letters of Grace Brown in the novel?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)